A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Mika'el the Archangel

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Mika'el the Archangel

Postby nina » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:34 am

Another commission. Sorry for the shoddy photograph, its rather grainy.
A Catholic man wanted me to do a different take on Mika'el the Arch Angel. So I painted him without armor because he draws his strength from the LORD, his covering is a simple linen skirt. His wings are eagles wings and his sword is
onze. He is kneeling in the presence of the Almighty, recieving orders, that is why he covers his face. His body glows because it is in contact with G-d's fierce glory. His shoes are off because he is on holy ground. A bare glimmer of the reflection of the throne of the G-d is caught in his sword. Nothing distinguishable, but certainly implied. I really liked this one and liked researching it, a truely humble and great warrior. Too bad I can't just show the painting itself....looks amazing.
Attachments
michael done.jpg
michael done.jpg (112.79 KiB)
nina

Postby Singular » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Very nice work Nina,
I am sure he was happy with it. You are getting very good at rendering hands. The feet are also very good. The lighting is excellent. This is the first time I have seen you incorporate wings. They look good. If you want to look at a few different types of angelic-like wings, you should take a look at Luis Royo. He is an amazing fantasy artist.

great job,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby nina » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:53 pm

I will check him out, thanks for the tip. I love the feedback in the forums, but I think I look forward to your posts the most, I never know what I am going to get :) and by the way, I think this might be the best web artists community out there, I've been checking around and nothing compares to the diversity and style I see being carefully cultivated here. Ok I'm done being teachers pet now.
nina

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:21 am

The Light of the Lord is shining upon him.
Always a pleasure to view your work, Nina!
E
ehoeveler

Postby Singular » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 am

nina wrote:I will check him out, thanks for the tip. I love the feedback in the forums, but I think I look forward to your posts the most, I never know what I am going to get :) and by the way, I think this might be the best web artists community out there, I've been checking around and nothing compares to the diversity and style I see being carefully cultivated here. Ok I'm done being teachers pet now.

Thanks for the great compliment.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury