A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Artwork Selling

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Artwork Selling

Postby nigelartist » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi fellow ASC genii!

OK

My beloved mother has been nagging me to sell my paintings as she says I have too many AND I need the money.

Any of you guys got any great ways that I can sell my works please?

If anyone is successful I'll buy them lunch!

Thanks

Nigelartist.

PS blackeyes are getting better!
nigelartist

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:48 pm

My advice. Contact a number of galleries. They like slides, not photos. Enter a few art compititions and shows. And don,t sell yourseft short. Put some beefy prices on your work. Be agressive. Getting ones work on the market can be a job. Good luck.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby nigelartist » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:03 am

Thanks John.

Made some notes.

The three main points you've given I kinda knew but know you have reassured me further.

Thanks very much. Have a great day.
nigelartist

Re: Artwork Selling

Postby Artisit10 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:13 am

You should Promote Your art work on Different Websites So that it comes across to many people and some art buyer will contact you.. Goodluck
Artisit10

Postby Amigone » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 am

This is from way back. I wonder if he ever did sell any work.
Amigone

Postby artauction » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 am

Totally agree with the fact that you should get in touch with online gallery stores to list your artwork for selling. You can also consider listing it on sites like eBay and Amazon.
artauction

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:55 am

I think he has. Nige...? E.
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnlobbs » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 am

Here is one link of an online art gallery: http://www.onessimofineart.com/submissions.html, where artists can submit their artworks for selling.
johnlobbs

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Where are you, Nigel!?...E
ehoeveler

Postby chinujhon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:46 am

Hello... Now a days. Internet is the solution of all the problems. I think you should contact with online dealers.
chinujhon

Postby Endlessfun » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Its a slog
Luck is involved, a lot of it.
Genius usually will out of course thanks to the wisdom of crowds but opinion makers these days are bought so you have to give it a century or two.
Everyone below marketing level is in a clawing, scratching, gouging scrum of little shows and small galleries sale or return – and sorry about the scratches.
Ebay and the like is good for minimum wage and better then the skip.
Look at me Nigel, this the life we chose ... [ road to Perdition ]
Last edited by Endlessfun on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.
Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.
Homer Simpson - [Not] M.Aurelius actually
Endlessfun

Postby Medved35 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Here is Meryl Pataky advice.
"Including what I've already given you, here is some more FREE advice: if you are approaching galleries with your work PLEASE make sure to search their website to see if they are even taking submissions. Many galleries will state on their contact page whether they are open to taking submissions or not. Nothing is more annoying than when people just email galleries with attachments of their work hoping for a show. Put together a nice folder with a printout of your resume, a disk of images of your work, a business card, a printed statement for your work and send it in the mail. This shows you took time and you ALWAYS want a clean and thoughtful presentation of ANYTHING you do as an artist. If you must email, make sure your images are sent in a zip file (compressed) as a folder with your images clearly labeled as follows: "LastName_First_01, LastName_First_02, etc."

"Nothing is more annoying than when people just email galleries with attachments of their work hoping for a show." Well if this the attitude of most galleries then I'm going to be shipwrecked for a long time. Just because you can't tell what is good or bad art unless it comes with a business card is your fault, not the artist.
Medved35

Postby Global Vernissage » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:49 am

God oh God what great advice for "Nigelartist" there are millions of art site's where he can add his art also quiet a lot they promise to help him selling his art.... (at least they say so) Simple rule : If you like to harvest potato you have to plant them first and that is hard work. (90 % of online artist sell nothing online) Well, maybe some postcard. But please do so and let me know how it works for you. I always try to learn some specially if it comes to sell art work easily. because I still work 14 hours a day......
Global Vernissage

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 pm

"Everyone below marketing level is in a clawing, scratching, gouging scrum of little shows and small galleries sale or return – and sorry about the scratches."
Lol. So true and there's a level below even that (where I am) but I car not. I love to paint and that's that!
ehoeveler

Postby eddieblz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 am

The fact of the matter is that there is a glut of art out there now days and traditionally most serious buyers of fine art are doing it for the investment. So the closer an artist is to the promise land the more desirable that art is. The rest of the people who will buy from fine art buy it from warehouses were art is sold by canvas size and not the merit of the piece or the or they buy prints in frames. (Digital art). People just want cheap or free art now days. Heck the artist was just drawing, that's not work, it's a hobby! why should we have to pay him. People don't care about the piece of the artist soul that the has to give into every piece they create.
Most art that is sold now days is graphic art. It's on packaging, boxes, bill boards, magazines, pamphlets, ads and so on. So many artists gravitate to that field and they precede to get their creativity sucked right out of them to the point that they don't have the patients to do a truly great piece of fine art any more. Their soul has been packaged and sold.
Global Vernissage I hope you are a truly good agent who truly cares for the artists you represent and not some money grubbing Godless hack who pushes them into production work, giving them only some small token cut, forcing them into despising their own creativity. You've certainly come on talking a good game.
I'm with you E. I've come full circle in my life and I also car not.
Thanks Eddie
eddieblz

Postby Global Vernissage » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 am

I dont have any artists on my site you can push into anything. I look for quality not for quantity beside that we invest a lot of money and time in our new concept "Screen Exhibition" making Exhibition for some artists more affordable. Anyway a brick and mortar gallery cost money and there is not much playground for most art dealers to play around . But whey I'm saying that ? You know that anyway better then me.
Global Vernissage