A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

my rare photography sessions

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

my rare photography sessions

Postby Phil_B » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

found a memory stick, which i thought i lost(i found it under my bed, tut). it had some old photography work from two years ago. i very rarely do photography, mostly because i can be crap at it like when i take pictures of my work, they just don't seem to catch the true picture of the painting and certain colours don't get picked up. these were taken with an SLR camera which i hardly use, maybe finding the stick has rekindled me with the camera temporarily since the weather in the UK is crap at the moment. come on Mr Sunshine come out to play.

these two were graveyard photos at the crack of dawn, using the exposure mode to get the sky nice and crisp

this is a statue at Buckingham palace

inside the vatican.

as you can see i'm a big big fan of taking photos of statues. i like things that are slightly creepy and macabre, which doesn't help my image of wondering round graveyards with a camera, i just think there is a certain atmosphere you get at graveyards, where you get nowhere else. during sunrise taking the top two photos, it was probably the most peaceful feeling i've had but at night it's the opposite quite spooky and haunted.
Phil_B

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: my rare photography sessions

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Well, I like these photos. I always thought about takings some photos in graveyards in black and white. Maybe around dusty dark and dawn. Or kind of a rainy day.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Phil_B » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 am

go for it, you get some interesting results if you play around with different modes. problem i have with photography is i'm never in the right place at the right time when i have a camera and when i don't have my camera with me i always see something i want to take a picture of.
Phil_B

Postby Singular » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:35 pm

I love them. You should do more.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 pm