A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Frustration...

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Frustration...

Postby mhendrix » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:46 am

I've been playing around on photoshop recently and I just can't seem to get the hang on drawing mouths. I'm so frustrated with it I'm about to trash the whole thing and start over. I think I've done pretty well on it consider I'm using a mouse and not a tablet, but I can't seem to get the mouth to look right. Anyways, here it is, without the mouth because I suck. :]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/80023030@N07/7345337570/in/photostream/lightbox/
"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.' - Salvador Dali
mhendrix

Re: Frustration...

Postby Singular » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Don't give up. This is pretty good. Drawing faces takes lots of practice. Trust me. You will mess up a lot more. It's all part of the learning process. Just keep practicing.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Frustration...

Postby jenn_iam » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:54 am

Actually, what you have for the style of the work, is not bad. But yes.. Joe gives good advice - Don't give up!!!

One thing I do, is have a sketch book with me always, simply for form studies... pages eyes, pages of noses, pages of mouths, etc... in all different angles and directions... some similar.. some line drawing some shading, simply for the training of the mind. if you have issues with the mouth.. then draw that - EVERYWHERE.... when ever you have the inclination to doodle... it will get easier and less frustrating as you become more comfortable with it... You are doing great! keep it up!
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Works In Progress