A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Need your opinion:

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Need your opinion:

Postby nadim » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 am

This painting is totally a new style for me, so I'm not sure where to take it. Its missing something I feel.
Attachments
nadim

Re: Need your opinion:

Postby SidneyEileen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 am

This isn't a style I am very familiar with either, but when I look at it the area that seems out of place and unfinished is the upper left, where it's more of a mauve color. It's not the color that bothers, but it feels like it isn't done, like maybe it should provide a back layer and meld for another face, or something else of thought and imagination. Overall, though, I like it and I look forward to seeing what you do with it. It has a lot of movement and interest.
The day we stop learning about art is the day we stop making art.
SidneyEileen
Writer

Articles: 3
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Need your opinion:

Postby shelley wheeler » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:21 am

as a person who sees faces in everything...i found out its called apophena? after posting my boy in the fence pics...I think this is a great beginning, now yu know where the faces are, and you just have to add more clouds? to hide them a little more..at first glance it should look like just clouds to the layperson...love the colors
shelley wheeler

Gallery: View Gallery

Return to Works In Progress