A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My first wildlife WIP - Tigers eyes

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Your opinion on the fur colouring.

Too dark
No votes
Just right!
40%
Too light
No votes
Too flat overall - needs more highlights and shadows
60%

Total votes : 5

My first wildlife WIP - Tigers eyes

Postby DIZZLE » Thu May 17, 2007 7:26 am

Hi guys and gals

This is a piece of wildlife art I'm working on at the moment. The idea is that I can enter it into the local Zoo exhibition later this year. Not only is this the first time I have done any wildlife art, but it'll also be my first art exhibit, so I'm quite exciled and anxcious.

This is as far as I have gotten today. I have designed the fur to be very
multi-tonal but at the moment it's too much so I'm in the process of lightening it up alittle. There is still a litte way the go but it's looking good so far. For my first piece anyway!

The eyes.....Yes the eyes are traditionally the first part of the painting to be completed. However! I have a very big fear of painting them :( It's the part of the painting that I am most nervous about, but I am getting there and every now and then I get
ave enough to ad another layer of undercolour to them. Soon there'll be nothing left to do and I will have to tackle them :roll:

Thanks for looking
Last edited by DIZZLE on Tue May 22, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIZZLE

Postby Singular » Thu May 17, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi Diz,
I think the color of the fur is very good. There's a nice contrast. Is this the entire image or is it cropped?
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Picture size

Postby DIZZLE » Sat May 19, 2007 2:18 pm

Thank you :)

The Image itself is slightly cropped. This was as much as I could show and still get good quality on the fur as my camera isn't that special. The overal picture is a little wider, you can see all of the eyes, but the height is the same. so it's just his gaze!
DIZZLE

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat May 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Kinda hard to comment on a work in progress. I would say the fur ( the dark part) is right. It.s looks a little dark at frist. But the viewers eyes ajust. Perhaps the reason for this is the light part could be a little to light. When one remenbers the image it seams to be a little dark( the dark part).
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Tina » Sun May 20, 2007 9:07 am

Hi! I think your painting is just right! I also paint wildlife and I use very unconventional colors, a combination of realism and abstract. Tina :D
Tina