A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Dark Sky on Versailles

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

The Dark Sky on Versailles

Postby JayRoler » Mon May 14, 2007 9:27 pm

This is my first showing on this site. I figured I would jump right into the “Furyâ€
JayRoler

Postby ehoeveler » Tue May 15, 2007 3:27 am

What a wonderful time you must have had in Paris!
Unfortunately I don't see the wonder of your story
in this painting! It simply is not enough to gleefully
arc
ushstrokes across a canvas and expect viewers
to feel what you felt.
The colors are very nice, however.
There needs to be more 'je ne sais quoi' in this effort;
maybe a tiny bit of another color, maybe a different type
of
ushstroke here and there - mess with it and see
what you get. Also did you manage , in your sight-seeing,
to come upon any great painters that influenced you?
I'm interested to see what you come up with.
'Best ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby JayRoler » Tue May 15, 2007 4:54 am

thx. i've been told that it is too mono, too blue, and irrelevant to my visit. but at the same time i have had ppl ask for the price b/c it matched a color in their room. i always get mixed reactions on everything i paint. i dont care if it is good or bad reactions, as long as i get one. (kinda "attention whore-ish", eh?)

i will not however work on it any more. it is a done deal. we can call it a flop. but i cant take a
ush to it again.

as for your question. YES YES YES! :D the pompidou had a de chirico that i had never seen and a kandinsky that i saw @ SF MoMA nearly two decades ago on a temp exhibit (it was like seeing an old friend!!!!)

...there were several samples of seurat's study for "sunday..." @ d'orsay. to see seurat's little tiny studies was simply amazing! i have yet to see the real thing however ("sunday...") in all of its glory! i think it is in chicago now... not sure. but when i saw a 12 x 6 [aprox] of parasol lady from across the gallery, i knew EXACTALY what it was.

i have only been to paris 4 times, and the collections are so vast at d'orsay and pompidou that they are nearly new each time i go. i could go on and on about this but it is late. thx for your post and suggestions (like i said, i just cannot go there with this piece again)! :wink:
JayRoler

Postby ehoeveler » Tue May 15, 2007 5:05 am

Hi, Jay; You accepted my critque very graciously , without ego!
I love Kandinsky - check the Guggenheim on-line NYC site for Kandinskys' 'Several Circles' - 1926. De Chirico is another fave.
I am glad you got an offer on the Versailles Blue, though.
What else have you got? Ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Postby JayRoler » Sun May 20, 2007 8:02 am

ehoeveler wrote:Hi, Jay; You accepted my critque very graciously , without ego!
I love Kandinsky - check the Guggenheim on-line NYC site for Kandinskys' 'Several Circles' - 1926. De Chirico is another fave.
What else have you got?
Ehoeveler

forgive... but i thought i read a limit to how many pieces that one could upload. i have many... i'll upload more if given the go-ahead from the mods. (it is late and frankly, im too lazy to see what the rules are. saturday nite fun got ahold of me and i dont wanna search the rules.) LAY-ZEEEEEE!

i'll come back soon to see what the rules are in # of posts for U/L pics of art.

much fun 2 U,
~Jay
JayRoler

Postby Singular » Sun May 20, 2007 9:14 am

JayRoler wrote:
ehoeveler wrote:Hi, Jay; You accepted my critque very graciously , without ego!
What else have you got?
Ehoeveler

forgive... but i thought i read a limit to how many pieces that one could upload. i have many... i'll upload more if given the go-ahead from the mods. (it is late and frankly, im too lazy to see what the rules are. saturday nite fun got ahold of me and i dont wanna search the rules.) LAY-ZEEEEEE!

i'll come back soon to see what the rules are in # of posts for U/L pics of art.

much fun 2 U,
~Jay

Hey Jay,
As a general rule, I ask that everyone limit to three images per thread, but that is an old rule. So you have the ok.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)