A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

be honest!

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

be honest!

Postby Miryana » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 am

every opinion is valuable !
Attachments
phpRkXXOfAM.jpg
it's called paranoia
phpRkXXOfAM.jpg (130.66 KiB)
phpA0qvROAM.jpg
schizophrenia
phpA0qvROAM.jpg (87.1 KiB)
Miryana

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Juliep » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:22 am

Hi Miryana,

My first thought was that I could see the first one in a very modern sleek black frame in an all white and black room that has red accents.

The second one isn't exactly my cup of tea but I can appreciate that work that went into it, style, composition, and content.

Then I looked at the titles and it all came together.

Juliep
Juliep

Postby william » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Your images have a strong graphic feel to them. I think the addition color adds a level of expression compared to the black and white. This second one is my favorite of the two, and leads me to ask, what inspired this image?
william

Postby Miryana » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:22 am

it was inspired by pain! you know the feeling that the whole world is against you and everybody are watching and waithing for you to make one wrong step and you want to scream but you can't ,you wan't to hide from all those eyes but you still can't.Well i can in this wonderfull world of imagination called art. :roll:
Miryana

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:04 am

I love both . . . I think the first is a best seller tee shirt and the second would make a great album cover!!
weirdpuckett

Postby mfboyd » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:31 pm

"Schizophrenia" is a very good, strong, graphic piece. It would make an excellent T-shirt. "Paranoia" is a good concept that needs to be fleshed out, I feel. The floating eyes seem like an afterthought and could be positioned, or portrayed, in a more threatening and effective way. All in all good work and good luck.
mfboyd

Re: be honest!

Postby Finding Joy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:26 pm

I wanted to ask you if you just watched a "Saw" movie. Instinctively, I am attracted to black and white, but i love being surprised by a splash of color for punctuation, or solidarity, or just to break the monotony.... whatever your reason for limiting yourself to grayscale, , it appeals to me on a somber, quiet level. Maybe color would have added anxiety? But obeying the confines of the title, perhaps it has sufficiently urged me to question myself?
Finding joy around every corner....
Finding Joy

Re: be honest!

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:57 pm

I love both of these - the layouts AND the colors!
ehoeveler