A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Flat sculpture on canvas

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Flat sculpture on canvas

Postby krysta11 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi to all,

This time I decided to make my picture in completely different way then previous.
This is a flat sculpture on canvas. It was a lot of work, which mostly was done at night time.
I used my own hair for horses tail and will add opal rocks and some small real rocks
ought from Mt. Kosciuszko in Australia.
It is painted in acrylic but I have intention to repaint it. It will be my first oil painting.
I would like to hear from you what you think about my new work.
Thank you!
krysta
http://asingularcreation.com/Gallery/al ... re_008.jpg
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Really like the colors. And I see you are still working with this piece.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
User avatar
johnwalkeasy
 
Posts: 2648
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: Rex, Georgia USA
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby krysta11 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:26 pm

johnwalkeasy wrote:Really like the colors. And I see you are still working with this piece.


Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your words.
Yes I am still working on this . Never painted with oil and I am a bit scared. Need to wait till next week to be sure that everything on the picture is completely dry.
I am sure , that it will take me weeks to
ing my work to perfection.
I am ready to try. If it will not turn nice I'll burn it in my backyard . :lol: :lol:
K.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:12 am

I like the reliefed part. How did you do it Krysta? Did you use gesso or something else? It's cool.
Erika Takacs
 
Posts: 2998
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Interesting!

Postby rrsum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Krysta, what an interesting piece you have here!

Don't let the oils worry you. You have a lot of flexibility with them since they don't dry quickly.

Keep up the great work! :wink:
Rich Summers
User avatar
rrsum
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: Eagle, ID
Gallery: View Gallery

Good Morning

Postby Michael Ortega » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:12 am

I love the horses face! Let us know your oil painting technique...I will be anxious to hear how you approach this.
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
User avatar
Michael Ortega
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:59 am
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 am

Erika Takacs wrote:I like the reliefed part. How did you do it Krysta? Did you use gesso or something else? It's cool.


Thank you E. !!

I am still working on this one. In acrylic it is finished but I want it in oil.
Very hard painting. :lol: :lol: I used the same material I used to make my birds.
hugs
K.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Interesting!

Postby krysta11 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:44 am

rrsum wrote:Krysta, what an interesting piece you have here!

Don't let the oils worry you. You have a lot of flexibility with them since they don't dry quickly.

Keep up the great work! :wink:


Hello Rich,

I am telling you my friend, I did put on myself a very difficult task.
It is very exiting work but lets hope I will not end up in mental hospital. :lol: :lol: :lol:
These details are killing me.
Next week I will start with oil.
K.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Good Morning

Postby krysta11 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 am

Michael Ortega wrote:I love the horses face! Let us know your oil painting technique...I will be anxious to hear how you approach this.


Hi Michael,

Thank you for looking at my work.
As you know, I know nothing how to paint with an oil paints.
I want this painting rough, thick and beautiful. I',ll go with a palette knife for sure. I also will use the
ush for the sky and background, Foreground with knife,
Cross fingers for me, please I want it nice when finished.
:lol:
K
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Juliep » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:22 am

Hi Krysta,

I like the movement and expression in this painting. I'm also looking forward to watching more texture being added. How cool is that that you really put yourself in it (with your hair)!

I love oils, they do take some getting used to but they are fun. Enjoy and have fun with it.

Julie
User avatar
Juliep
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: Michigan
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Juliep wrote:Hi Krysta,

I like the movement and expression in this painting. I'm also looking forward to watching more texture being added. How cool is that that you really put yourself in it (with your hair)!

I love oils, they do take some getting used to but they are fun. Enjoy and have fun with it.

Julie



Hello Julie,

Thank you for your wonderful comment here. I finished my painting in acrylic. If I will achieve similar one in oil I will be very happy.
I did change his hat. Both are corrcet but this one is much unique and colorful.
I am going to continue my work on this piece next week.

all the best J.
K.

http://asingularcreation.com/Gallery/al ... re_121.jpg
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 pm

K, the picture changed a lot from last time. You did a great job overall, love the relief part and the sky got better and your colours are vivid as usual. It's great that you've found a way to integrate your sculpural past here. It would be interesting to see an entire canvas covered with the relief technique.
Erika Takacs
 
Posts: 2998
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby krysta11 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 pm

Oh my dear friend E.,

Thank you so much for your comment. It is very important to hear, what artists like you, think about my work. This particular one is not an easy task for me. I think it doesn't look bad for the first one in my new tech.

Maybe in the future I will cover whole canvas with the relief technique.
Thank again E.
K.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby BYart » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 am

Hi Krysta,
I'm so sorry I haven't been here much lately :( , and had missed this painting before, my apologies my friend.
I think the texture adds alot to this painting, which in itself is colorful and full of life. :D
I'm happy :D to see you stretch your artistic wings and try new subjects, textures and mediums! (Great job on the horse! :D )
I love your usual colorful renderings and this is no exception. Love it!
Once again, I must apologize as I do not know what you used for the texture as I don't know what you used for your birds?
Can you post the link, I've missed that too :oops: :cry:
looking forward to your attempt in oils!!!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
User avatar
BYart
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:07 pm
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:52 pm

BYart wrote:Hi Krysta,
I'm so sorry I haven't been here much lately :( , and had missed this painting before, my apologies my friend.
I think the texture adds alot to this painting, which in itself is colorful and full of life. :D
I'm happy :D to see you stretch your artistic wings and try new subjects, textures and mediums! (Great job on the horse! :D )
I love your usual colorful renderings and this is no exception. Love it!
Once again, I must apologize as I do not know what you used for the texture as I don't know what you used for your birds?
Can you post the link, I've missed that too :oops: :cry:
looking forward to your attempt in oils!!!


Hello Barb,

You must not apologize to me my friend. I knew, sooner or later, you will have your say on my work here.
Your comments are always so gentle and nice , that sometimes put tears in my eyes. I am very glad you appreciate my art and big thanks for that dear B.
I am not working on my sculptures anymore. It was very long time ago.
I used mixture of aquadhere joiners wood glue with cotton . I even melted shopping plastic bags + wires to form skeleton of some birds. It sounds crazy I know but I tried to save an environment to save my beloved birds living around us.
I will upload few sculptures to my gallery and you are very welcome to look at them. I gave a lot of them away. Only few left.
Thanks again Barb for your input.
K.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby xxbreezy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:38 am

I love this Krysta!! Probably one your best pieces!!! There is so much life to this painting and the colors are wonderful. I especially like the horse. Well done...
avo!!
Linda
xxbreezy
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Dunn, NC
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby william » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Krysta, this is a fantastic piece for a first time oil painting, oils are truly fantastic and with patience and a bit of time, they are great to use.....I think your bold colors add to the sense of motion in the piece... I think the relief is a good effect and would be interesting to see this more in other works. Don't leave the oils but if it helps, you can paint an image with a base coat of acrylics, then paint over areas with oil....it's fun to play with.....also there's a golden rule with oils and that's to work "fat over lean" I'm still getting used to it.
william
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:05 pm
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 pm

xx
eezy wrote:
I love this Krysta!! Probably one your best pieces!!! There is so much life to this painting and the colors are wonderful. I especially like the horse. Well done...
avo!!
Linda


Hello Linda,

Many thanks for your comment.
I am still working on my painting. Oil is very different medium than acrylic.
I am not used to this yet. Very messy . I painted my own hair and even pillow not knowing at all how I did it. :cry: :cry:

Thank God you are back sweetheart! Need your opinions very much.
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:14 pm

william wrote:Krysta, this is a fantastic piece for a first time oil painting, oils are truly fantastic and with patience and a bit of time, they are great to use.....I think your bold colors add to the sense of motion in the piece... I think the relief is a good effect and would be interesting to see this more in other works. Don't leave the oils but if it helps, you can paint an image with a base coat of acrylics, then paint over areas with oil....it's fun to play with.....also there's a golden rule with oils and that's to work "fat over lean" I'm still getting used to it.


William!!!!

Very soon I will show what I have done with my Kosciuszko. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope nobody will laugh at me. I agree with you. I have fun with oil paintings. It is much harder for me than acrylics and very messy too. The picture looks better I think. Very different work.
Thank you William for looking and commenting on my picture.
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby william » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 am

Can't wait to see it. Keep plugging and playing with the oils. The more I work with them, the less I want to go back to the acrylics, although I'm sure I will use both one day. The oils are great when you want to blend the paints for more than 30 minutes, although, being used to acrylics, I find I often fall to using acrylic techniques with the oils, and it doesn't work too well.... looking forward to seeing what you do.
william
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:05 pm
Gallery: View Gallery

Next

  • Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron