A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

cartoon WIP..please..your comments

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

cartoon WIP..please..your comments

Postby weirdpuckett » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey,I wanted to get feedback on this..should I even bother?
Attachments
08-21-08 WIP motorcycle dress srtip toon.jpg
08-21-08 WIP motorcycle dress srtip toon.jpg (173.19 KiB)
weirdpuckett

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby jaylewis718 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:04 pm

i have to say this made me laugh its funny :lol: i like it...do u have anymore?
jaylewis718

Postby weirdpuckett » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:41 am

yes.. I have a few in my gallery..Glad it was funny to someone
weirdpuckett

Postby william » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:52 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: That' good. Should you bother, always.. Your cartoons are excellent. :lol: :lol: Your wit is definitely shown in your work.
The only critique I would point out would be......... is the cartoon supposed to be about the biker.........or the feeling of shock that the girls clothing was ripped off........ maybe more spectators next time.

still funny though....keep working.
william

Postby bergina » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:56 pm

You are obviously very skilled at drawing accurate characters and creating exaggerated facial expressions that convey to the viewer a definite attitude and emotion. This is not easy to do but you have done an exceptional job. You definitely have very good artistic skills, probably much more than you’re really need to get this or any other artistic related project completed regardless of the requirements. What I don't understand is why things seem out of proportion? Is this a sloppy error on your part or am I just old school and this is an accepted format for this type of artistic expression? For me, considering your tallent, the overall composition falling short of it’s potential.
Question: Why is your woman so small compared to the other elements in this drawing?
Al
bergina

Postby weirdpuckett » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:47 am

specifically which elements?I do see a problem with the trigectory of motorcycle and perhaps the
icks being too large...I need to clear up my original question of "should I bother?"..I would like to know if the concept of the cartoon is something I should bother with as in,is it funny?Thank you for complments..
weirdpuckett

Postby bergina » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:56 am

If creating a funny cartoon was your main goal, absolutely peruse this as I do find it very humorous. As far as the perspective, perhaps the
icks, girl and door seem a bit out of proportion however now that I look at it again, it may even add to the overall effectiveness as it is a cartoon.
bergina

Postby william » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:18 am

The prpportions in the cartoon let the viewer see the guy on the motorcycle as the key element of this cartoon.. It's funny, by the girl should be larger if her reaction is more important to the piece. as for the building, it looks ok, smaller
icks if you want, but not that important. Maybe more spectators seeing what's going on......
william

Postby Kit » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Well, I laughed, so there's got to be something to it. :) I see the guy as the focus and everything else as background, so a bit of exaggeration seems fine. I don't know what you want it for, so for instance I couldn't say whether it would get accepted to a magazine, but I like it.
Kit

Postby krysta11 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 pm

:lol: :lol:
It is very funny.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11