A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

roman street

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

roman street

Postby LeahW » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:30 am

I'd like some constructive feedback on this painting. I'd appreciate any help I could get.
thanks,
leah[/img]
Attachments
Rome street.jpg
Rome street.jpg (165.26 KiB)
LeahW

Postby bergina » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:31 pm

Make it bigger so I can see it.
bergina

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 am

I do wish the image was a bit larger. But from what I see, you did a very good job with the perspective and design. The color is also nice. However, the objects seem to compete a bit too much with each other due to the fact that you placed the same value for everything.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Value--detail

Postby BAReam » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:32 pm

I really like the subject here. I would have to agree that the values are a bit too uniform, but tends to make the atmosphere very warm and inviting. The value issues might be counter balanced by intensely developing detail in the foreground.

All the best... BAReam
BAReam

Re: roman street

Postby rips10 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 am

[quote="LeahW"]I'd like some constructive feedback on this painting. I'd appreciate any help I could get.
thanks,
leah[/img][/quote)
I think you should check the rightside(front building) of the drawing again,And distans should be little faded I mean not that vidual.Any way your work is very skilled work.Best of luck.
rips10

Postby Blayne » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:37 am

Very beautiful! Since you obviously have kept strictly to the rules of perspective (good job!) check the vertical white line of the doorway to the right--it's angled a bit instead of straight vertical.
Blayne

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 am

Blayne wrote:Very beautiful! Since you obviously have kept strictly to the rules of perspective (good job!) check the vertical white line of the doorway to the right--it's angled a bit instead of straight vertical.

I agree. It looks as though the building is about to collapse because of it. Other than that, it's very nice and colourful.
Erika Takacs

Postby candragon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:53 pm

The colours are strong... liking the intensity of the blue sky :) Could maybe darken the foreground more to push the background away a bit. Its very well down and a strong piece. I like it.
candragon