A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Gallery/Store Opening Soon

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

New Gallery/Store Opening Soon

Postby wally6552 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Greetings. I'm working very hard to open a rather large gallery and store in my area. i'm hoping to attract many artists from many places and many mediums to place their work in the store for sale.

You can read some more details here, http://www.event
ite.com/event/116880593

and see the site as well. http://wickliffeartsnmusic.synthasite.com

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or inquiries.
Last edited by wally6552 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally6552

New Gallery

Postby DeDeSorensen » Fri May 30, 2008 4:59 pm

I'd love to hear more about it. The information available on the links you provided was rather sparse. What type of gallery (commercial, rental, etc.) and what type of works will you exhibit (representation, abstract, etc.) Also what is your portfolio submission/review procedures.
Thanks,
:) DeDe
DeDeSorensen

Postby wally6552 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:58 am

Thanks DeDe.

The Gallery will operate as a "spaces for rent" retail outlet for artists. Because of the size we're going for (3-5000 square feet) we are committed to charging a low, flat fee rather than dealing with any type of commissions or a cosignment fee. We feel this potentially gives artists much higher earnings for their sold pieces.

And because we expect to be able to accommodate anywhere from 40-50 different artists in the Gallery,(at first) we want to represent many different forms and styles, so the floor is wide open. This will be an aggressively marketed and well-publicized "art mall" (if you will) with the purpose of attracting regular and continual interest.

As a small side note, I've been communicating with a very seriously interested artist from London, who is considering placing some pieces in the store. (The paintings will be sent via post, insured etc..)

On the subject of submission and review procedures, it's pretty straightforward: Art needs to be original, signed and retail-ready. Artists need to be interested in an ongoing program of exposure and publicity. We will simply review the art for it's beauty and marketability, dealing with each artist on a personal and confidential level at all times.

I hope this has begun to answer some of your queries, and please feel free to continue the communications.

Kindest Regards

Walter
wally6552

Re: New Gallery

Postby DeDeSorensen » Sat May 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Thank you, Walter, for your prompt response to my post. How much is the "low monthly fee" and what is the duration of display & space dimensions per artist? What forms of marketing (print, online, etc.) will you be doing and to whom (fine art collectors, general public, etc.) will that marketing be local, regional or national and does the artist pay an additional marketing fee? Do you have any special requirements or incentives for out-of-state artists? Is the gallery and the work contained therein insured?

Regards,
DeDe
DeDeSorensen

Postby wally6552 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:20 pm

"How much is the "low monthly fee"

~We're very close to determining that, possibly sometime next week. I'll update this thread and it will be posted on the site~

"what is the duration of display & space dimensions per artist?"

~Space size will be 4x8, 8x8, (2) 8x8's, (3) 8x8's and some odd sizes (75-100 sq ft) depending on the interior layout of the existing building we acquire. There are 7 different ones we're considering. For Sculptors, space will be customized as needed.

Fees will be set up on a monthly basis if desired, but attractive discounts will be offered for 6 and 12 month "gigs"-your success in selling your art is the primary goal. A reasonable amount of time to achieve such success should be expected.~

"What forms of marketing (print, online, etc.) will you be doing and to whom (fine art collectors, general public, etc.) will that marketing be local, regional or national and does the artist pay an additional marketing fee?"

Artists will never be asked for additional funds for the advertising, although we encourage and expect you to do whatever you feel appropriate if your pieces are in our gallery,(like on your own site or at places like this) or any other place for that matter.

The bulk of the printed marketing effort will be focused locally, with a growing internet prescence always pointing our way. We're discussing some workshops and local educational participation, which if it goes as planned, will boost our committment to the arts community, providing us with lovely press ;-) ...providing us then with growing popularity!!~

"Do you have any special requirements or incentives for out-of-state artists? Is the gallery and the work contained therein insured? "

~The plan is to (of course) provide adequate insurance on the merchandise. Also, we'll install a DVR-digital recording system throughout the facility. Non-Ohio residents will indeed receive an added incentive for displaying at WAM, and it will be worked out this coming week as well.~

and by the way, a huge thank you to Joe Barrouk for adding our link to the site, and to everyone else for a kind welcome :D
wally6552

Re: New Gallery

Postby DeDeSorensen » Sat May 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Walter,
Thanks again for the additional information. I await the posting of the fee amount and out-of-state incentives as I am giving your gallery serious consideration.
Warm Regards,
DeDe
DeDeSorensen

Postby nonarom » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:35 am

Walter, I appreciate very much the opportunity and the conditions your Gallery offers to the artists - it seems to become a real "mall for arts" and I wish you good luck for this start. I am wondering if you've also taken into consideration to expose works of international artists who are not located in your area and produce digital artworks which could be sent to you online. You need a high quality printer on canvas for this. In my country (Romania) there is a gallery which gathered works from all over the world and the selected ones were printed for free and exposed. It was a very nice event, including 91 artists from 34 countries, with many opportunities for selling. If you think to consider such "digital corner" in your gallery, let us know.
Good luck and good thoughts,
Nona
nonarom

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby wally6552 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:16 am

Thank you for your input, Nona.

Our plans are to facilitate artists from anywhere if they so desire. However, digital creations pose a few problems with a high street Gallery/Store. The first and most prominent one is what you've already
ought to light. It would be quite expensive to replicate the pieces as you've suggested, and there's (at this time) no physical demand on the street to justify this option for consumers.

Anyone with a computer can purchase expensive paper and a high quality printer, and if they want to, can purchase digital art from the countless number of places on the web. This eliminates the need for a high street store as the "middleman".

As an alternative, online and high street promotion can point to specialized areas of digital art, providing information, education and opportunities for consumers and artists alike.

And consequently, a digital artist with
illiant, original material can have the pieces produced and framed, and placed in the "Mall of Art" ;-)

UPDATE JUNE 5TH

We have published the pricing for spaces in the Gallery! Have a visit if you'd like to review them. http://wickliffeartsnmusic.synthasite.com
wally6552

Postby wally6552 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:39 pm

As of june 16th, 17 Artists have expressed an interest in participating.

We're happy with the progress of things, but we're also hoping for the numbers to grow. with 30-35 committed Artists, we'll make a formidable splash on the scene when we're ready to open.

BTW, lots of amazing talent here. Best wishes for success to all.
wally6552