A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

It's all in the eye

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

It's all in the eye

Postby Mo23 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:50 am

A few more diversions to ponder.
Attachments
steves art 011-2.jpg
steves art 011-2.jpg (146.01 KiB)
steves art 073-2.jpg
steves art 073-2.jpg (129.93 KiB)
steves art 029.jpg
steves art 029.jpg (124.41 KiB)
Mo23

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 pm

I see faces all over the place. What kind of work is this?
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Thanks

Postby Mo23 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:39 am

Hi John,first I want to thank you for looking at my work and for your feed back I appreciate it and I'm glad you like it.Most people won't even take the time to look at art like this.I'm not sure but I think they just don't get it or they think I've lost my mind.As far as what kind of work it is I guess I'm not sure what the proper name for it is.It's a style I really enjoy because there's no rules.I think the style kinda depicts a person's mind or thoughts in the sense that every body sees something different and what they wanna see.Not really sure how to describe it or if it does have a name it's just a style I developed.I also wanted to tall you that I really love your skeleton on the motorcycle sculptor.Never seen anything like it really like it.
Mo23

Postby kcortese » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Your style is fantastic! Like I said, you have a fan with me.

I enjoy viewing your paintings, so free flowing as it comes together. You seem to let your hand take over and flow into another section. Very, very, nice!

Karen
kcortese

Postby kcortese » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 am

Art is what it is.

A "meaning" is in the eye of the beholder. Art is not like a word in the dictionary that needs a meaning to it. If a viewer wants a "meaning" to a free flowing painting, they can put one to it themselves. It's all very personal. Most artists start a piece of art without a "meaning" in mind, they just let it flow and the outcome is what you see. If you paint a sunset, there is NO meaning, it's a sunset. If you paint free flowing color with imaginative subject matter and texture, then that is what it is. No meaning is needed unless you want one yourself after viewing it.
kcortese

Return to Just Showing