A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

June Showdown - Nude - Results Are In

This is where you need to come to find out what's new with the forums and with A Singular Creation.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Singular » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm

That's pretty interesting. What is the name of the publication? I've recently started thinking about looking into developing a magazine or other sort or publication or calendar. It seems like the next logical step.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby DLKeur » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:33 pm

The Deepening
DLKeur

Postby DLKeur » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:47 am

Call me stupid. I cannot find the comment link. I was going to go through and comment now that I've voted, and though I see Erika has commented, I can't find a way to get the field to show. Help?
DLKeur

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 am

DL, just click on the image you want to comment on and scroll down to the "Add your comment" field. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby DLKeur » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:26 am

Looking....

ADD/EDIT: I swear, that field would not come up for me before. It was there this time, though, so I've commented through on where I thought to.
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 pm

Just an update. This contest is now in final voting. Vote using the poll on the first page of this thread.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

voting

Postby Patrick Martin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:54 pm

I think it's strange how some of the top rated pictures didn't make the final 6. makes me wonder who is really doing the voting around here.
Patrick Martin

Re: voting

Postby Singular » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:59 pm

Patrick Martin wrote:I think it's strange how some of the top rated pictures didn't make the final 6. makes me wonder who is really doing the voting around here.

The image you are referring to did not make the top 6 because it had 81 illegal votes from the same ip address.

Hopefully, you can still appreciate the other artists' work and vote for your favorite.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby DLKeur » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:10 pm

"Snap." *Sound of fingers caught by lid of cookie jar.*

BTW, Singular. I think I may have voted twice for one of the images in the new contest in error. I started randomly, then decided I'd better get organized, and realized after I voted that it was an image I'd already voted on. And, no, it wasn't one of mine. I don't remember whose, though. Sorry.
DLKeur

Postby Patrick Martin » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:00 am

I wasn't talking about one certain picture ,rather several of them. you nerd to take into consideration the fact that sometimes especially at a li
ary several people use the same computer thereforr the same ip. Since when is that illlegal?
Patrick Martin

Postby Singular » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:45 am

Patrick Martin wrote:I wasn't talking about one certain picture ,rather several of them. you nerd to take into consideration the fact that sometimes especially at a li
ary several people use the same computer thereforr the same ip. Since when is that illlegal?

That is and will be considered. I also consider the fact that people share computers at work. But most of the images that had multiple votes had an extremely large number of votes from the same ip address within minutes. That is not possible unless it is from the same user.

Thanks for you passion.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby Patrick Martin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:06 am

or a froup of froemds at the li
ary or at work you dor together at the same time to vote!!!!!!
Patrick Martin

Postby DLKeur » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:45 am

Well, of course it's fair to flood the vote with all your friends voting for your picture and not rating any of the others, or rating all the others with low votes, so it completely buries all the competition and your picture WINS. Winning is EVERYTHING, and this is, after all, a popularity contest, not an art contest, right? I mean, really, it's who has the most friends, not the quality of art, that counts!

And, if you can't win with just friends, how about paying people to register, login, and vote for your picture? What a concept!

:roll: (That's sarcasm, for those of you who fail the grasp.)
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:38 pm

DLKeur wrote:Well, of course it's fair to flood the vote with all your friends voting for your picture and not rating any of the others, or rating all the others with low votes, so it completely buries all the competition and your picture WINS. Winning is EVERYTHING, and this is, after all, a popularity contest, not an art contest, right? I mean, really, it's who has the most friends, not the quality of art, that counts!

And, if you can't win with just friends, how about paying people to register, login, and vote for your picture? What a concept!

:roll: (That's sarcasm, for those of you who fail the grasp.)

I am glad someone said it. Thanks D. Odd thing is he didn't even enter the contest.
Singular
Founder

Postby Patrick Martin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:05 am

Who said anything about popularity contest? In this case I amtalking about one picture as an example...an art theropy asistant teacher for disabled people, who received high votes....her students (artist in their own right) got on the li
ary computeer in small groups and not only votedfor her but others they thought was good art. but because they didn't wait 10 or 20 minutes between votes their votes didn't count? I can't tell you how disapointed they are about this.
The reason I didn't enter the contest was because I saw people dis obying the rules from the start....entering 5 or 6 pictures and you did nothing about it. If you're going to keep changing the rules mid stream during a contest you should be ethical enough to announce those changes.
As for me I'm out of here along with a lot of aspiring artist and businessses the art teacher introduced to this site. Just tell me where the delete buttom is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patrick Martin

Postby DLKeur » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:20 am

Were that the case, there would have been 80-some votes on many, all, or more of the 128 entries. As to people
eaking the rules, no. I watched all but three entries per artist disappear as I was looking at them. An eager artist MIGHT post lots of pictures, but the webmaster will go in and delete extras...which singular...or one of his helpers did.

You protest too much, btw. And net suicide is standard fare. Everybody is used to it.

(Just my opinion, and, for the record, I am not affiliated with asingularcreation.com and its owner, just another member here.)
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:24 am

Patrick Martin wrote:Who said anything about popularity contest? In this case I amtalking about one picture as an example...an art theropy asistant teacher for disabled people, who received high votes....her students (artist in their own right) got on the li
ary computeer in small groups and not only votedfor her but others they thought was good art. but because they didn't wait 10 or 20 minutes between votes their votes didn't count? I can't tell you how disapointed they are about this.
The reason I didn't enter the contest was because I saw people dis obying the rules from the start....entering 5 or 6 pictures and you did nothing about it. If you're going to keep changing the rules mid stream during a contest you should be ethical enough to announce those changes.
As for me I'm out of here along with a lot of aspiring artist and businessses the art teacher introduced to this site. Just tell me where the delete buttom is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you serious? First of all, I spoke with Patricia Martinez several times about this issue and she has told me that she doesn't even know who you are. Yet, you know everything about her and her students. That is very peculiar. If you want to leave, be my guest. I guess you don't realize the good we are trying to do with our own funds and our own sweat and hard work. I guess all that matters to you is that your favorite work wins. It doesn't matter to you that we are trying to help artists get some exposure for their work. The students can still participate and still learn if they wish. Don't be so selfish as to claim that a lot of aspiring artists are out of here just because you didn't get the result you wished.

I have been extremely patient and courteous with you. You have not returned the courtesy to me. You can do as you wish.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:02 am

I'm voting for the Tryptich-side, Daniel, Morning Light, Becoming One,
Mother Earth and Untitled, in that order. Ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Just wanted to say thank you

Postby creatovisguru » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Thank you to everyone who voted for the work I did.

I feel blessed and very happy to have been selected as a finalist and really like the work I see from the other artists.

Good luck and bless.

Benjamin
creatovisguru

Postby nansea » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:49 pm

I really appreciate the opportunity to be included in this contest and the feedback I've gotten about my work.
It's great to see the diversity in how artists view the human form and was fun to see the new artwork as artists added to the contest. This site has
ought together such a wide range of styles, views and ideas.
I just found this site last month and though I've only contributed to the nude show so far I've read through some of the forums and galleries and am looking forward to contributing more in the future. Thanks again, Nansea
nansea

PreviousNext