A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Jacob Samuel – Pablo Ruiz y Picasso

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Jacob Samuel – Pablo Ruiz y Picasso

Postby JacobSamuel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Pablo Ruiz y Picasso, known as Pablo Picasso (1881 – 1973) was a Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, and stage designer who spent most of his adult life in France. As one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, he is known for co-founding the Cubist movement, the invention of constructed sculpture, the co-invention of collage, and for the wide variety of styles that he helped develop and explore. Among his most famous works are the proto-Cubist Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907), and Guernica (1937), a portrayal of the German bombing of Guernica during the Spanish Civil War.

Pablo Picasso
JacobSamuel

Re: Jacob Samuel – Pablo Ruiz y Picasso

Postby VicG » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Les Demoiselles d’Avignon is one of my favorite Picasso paintings and I am glad that you included it as one of his greatest in your post. It is good to know that somebody shares my taste.

I am also fond of his classical period which influenced the early figurative works of Arshile Gorky (See his "The Artist and His Mother") and Willem de Kooning's early paintings depicting men.

No doubt that he was one of the greatest, if not the most influential painter of the 20th century.
Vist my painting blog athttp://oldmasterspainting.comfor more in depth articles
VicG

Re: Jacob Samuel – Pablo Ruiz y Picasso

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Indeed - 'Guernica' is a fave along with all of his female portraits.
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Return to Art Discussion