A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Art Conspiracy

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

The Art Conspiracy

Postby pavonianewport » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Today, art is really trash. I mean to me it is. And there is a reason for that, but before I go into that let me tell you this.

I have a huge problem with contemporary art, its nice to look at but its impossible for me to respect it. I don't have a problem with simple geometric shapes, but when a circle on canvas or even a blank canvas becomes deep, there's a problem! Maybe because of my childhood problems, I don't know, I have a disgust towards emotional art. Like "this represents my pain". Pfft repulsive! Don't take my opinions personally as I might be I need of a therapist, But no..if you think contemporary art is art I think you're absolutely insane. In which case we're in the same bed =(.

*Anyways I elaborate on the topic on my post called The Art Conspiracy http://become-an-artist.me/2013/03/07/the-art-conspiracy/
pavonianewport

Re: The Art Conspiracy

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Joshua, you need to come out of the Desert that
is your artistic point of view. As you grow, you'll learn to appreciate
some or hopefully, all perspectives.
But I was like you in the respect that I thought certain kinds of art
were/are 'cheeze-ball'. This attitude was borne of the excellent,
though somewhat rigid art POV from my fam. Conversely, it had to
be abstract or else it sucked. Mom and sibs would've loved the
blank canvas thingie.
Keep looking at the many different styles of art, here and notice the good
draftsmanship, technical expertise or brushwork if nothing else.
Finally, as Confucious said, "If you forgive others, it's easier to forgive
yourself." :) Thanks, E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby RELusion76 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Well I don't think there is anything wrong with you, or your attitude. It all just boils down to personal taste, if you don't like a certain type of art it's just not your thing. I know a lot of people how don't like abstract art, and for the same reason you don't. Like Jerry Springer once said "one man's weirdness is another man's fetish."
RELusion76

Articles: 1

Postby VicG » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Stop blaming yourself "Maybe because of my childhood problems" No. "I might be in need of a therapist" No. Define what art is in your own existence as an artist and have the integrity to stand by that vision regardless of what the idiots would have you believe. Art is still one of the most powerful mediums known to man. Still more powerful than social media such as Facebook or Twitter and will be for centuries to come.

Art has always been under attack by entities that want to co-op its powers to the service of their own ends. Do you appreciate the power you possess as an artist? The vision you can convey as a visuel poet, the sublime beauty that enhances a sunset that can be observed empiracally but amplified to a grandeur that only the artist can create.

More important, what does the process of artistic creation do for you. My approach is that art is a philosphic journey and my works are a record of that journey.

Maybe art is not a career, a means to earn a living but a passion for expression, understanding and one of the nobleist endeavors undertaken by the human race.
Vist my painting blog athttp://oldmasterspainting.comfor more in depth articles
VicG

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:34 am

So well put, Vic. I think we all need a little nobility of thought in life.
ehoeveler

Return to Art Discussion