A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Drawing Tablet!

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Drawing Tablet!

Postby mhendrix » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 am

I'm looking into buying one this weekend. I've decided on a Wacom bamboo one because they're relatively inexpensive and I've heard really good things about them. So my question is, which should I get? I don't have any experience in tablets or know really what all they can do but I'm trying to get into digital art more because I'm going to start school for graphic design. (Trying to get a head start ;]) If there are other brands out there that I'm ignorant to and are really great products for reasonable prices I would love to know about them too. I just want to decide on which to get and which best suits me as a beginner graphic artist.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and answer my questions!!
"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.' - Salvador Dali
mhendrix

Re: Drawing Tablet!

Postby Singular » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:15 am

You definitely want to go with a Wacom. They are the leader for a reason. The Bamboo is a good product and is inexpensive. But if you are going to school for this and are willing to pay a little more, go with the Intuos4. You can get a good deal on one so they aren't too much more than a Bamboo, but the investment will be worth it.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby philipbrown » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:44 am

you are really going to start a great work, i like graphic designing, you can find lot of information or needed anything so you can find independently on the internet, there are many articles and blogs for information and many website for purchasing any item online.
philipbrown

Postby yujian » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:04 pm

For starters I recommend XP-Pen Deco Series Graphic Tablet . XP-Pen is the best budget brand for drawing tablets. Personally, I'm currently usinh a XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 . I really liked the previous version and just order the new version because it's on sale on official store right now for $50 instead of $80 and has a tilt sensitivity.
yujian