A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Self Portrait

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Self Portrait

Postby wizard3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 am

The wand is an actual control wand for roboDragon, a functioning robotic, creative work center. I do many of these. One can almost make out the Weir Dragon Master ring.

wizard3

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Self Portrait

Postby wizard3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am

The wand works on a very simple principle. It has a very powerful automotive fuel injector magnet in the tip. When waved in patterns around prox sensors in the control box of roboDragon a PLC collects those patterns and interprets them as directions of travel and instructions to park, lock, or transform. The top of roboDragon is a laptop holder. Instructions can be entered by computer as well. They can be sent by web. It is a kick to hang out at the local coffee shop with another one of these sculptures, The Intergalactic Pimp Cane/Time Machine until children gather about and then send instructions for roboDragon to arrive. The kids are simply transformed. Both sculptures are most engaging to children... young and old.
wizard3

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 pm

'The Intergalactic Pimp Cane/Time Machine' ? LOL! E
ehoeveler

Postby wizard3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 am

I am a very distinct kind of artist. We are visionaries... the most serious of the artists. We have a tremendous sense of purpose and a vision to fulfill. Still, it comes down to expressing to communicate. One must speak outward as well as inward. One must be entertaining in reaching outward. One must have fun in reaching inward.
wizard3

Postby nigelartist » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Very interesting concepts indeed. I would like the whole artwork to be a lighter so as to see the Wizard in more of his glory.

Great stuff and be happy!
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby wizard3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Oh, there is much more coming... but I must admit my "physical" glory is fading. What is missing in this illustration is the wizard hat I am noted for in this region. It is as respected as that of any conservation officer. I am an ombudsman for this section of my river:

The willow drift is now retrieved and in WEIR GROTTO. That adventure tale is one now legend. It includes a yellow brick road (actually rubber), transporting this stump on it over a mile of rocks and up a cliff where I was struck by lightning. Then rushing along the river road on bicycle I was again struck... by a sign from above. It was the sign blown off the only bar in town by the fierce storm.
wizard3

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Ok, I'll lighten up and try to have
more fun reaching inward.
Very fun and Spooky Clown! Thanks, E
ehoeveler

Postby nigelartist » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am

Great river creation wizard3. Why do you believe you were (un)lucky enough to be hit by lightening? Do you think that this is to empower your creative visions?

x
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist