A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

disguise

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

disguise

Postby Phil_B » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:54 pm

this is completely out of my comfort zone in terms of subject matter. this is a project i did at college based on the word disguise. i based it around the siren/mermaid. Initially i didn't like the idea my tutor had pushed me into, i wanted it to be traditional like John WIlliam but he wanted it more modern. so i agreed and made it more modern. i made the set look as if the mermaid had a living room in her cave , wallpaper on the rocks, french doors, television with the siren's victim trapped inside. i had to body paint the model, which was difficult as i've never done it before, never built a set before and i'm crap at photography. i never liked the outcome so i altered it to black and white, tutor never liked it so i made certain parts of the photo in colour.

Phil_B

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: disguise

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16 pm

I like the contrasts of fantasy and reality, also the
color contrasts are interesting. Really makes me ask, "Where the
heck am I"? Thank You, Ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Re: disguise

Postby nigelartist » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 am

A lot going on for me in this original and interesting artwork. I like the juxtaposition of the black and white and colour imagery. I also feel the fear and coldness of the mermaid and the opposite 'power' of the siren. I also see a large devilish face in the window.

Excellent.
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury