A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Student

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Student

Postby Michaelblade » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:53 pm

Hey Now.Where are my teachers.It says student at my name.What does that mean?Here's something I created.
Attachments
NottyCottyPotty.jpg
NottyCottyPotty.jpg (73.14 KiB)
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Postby Singular » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:13 am

Hey buddy,
The Student label is attached to anyone who has less than 100 posts. Once you get to 100, you will be "The Teacher".

Your work is interesting. I especially like what you did with the toilet water... very colorful and bold.

keep experimenting
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Hmm OK

Postby Michaelblade » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:50 pm

Hey Joe.you will always be a teacher to me.But thank you for explaining.I wish evryone could have a live show and meet and be in person.I feel lonesome for other Artists in the winter.I usualy go out to Saddleback College and it is always good. Thanks for your thoughts on the picture.
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:40 am

Hey, Blade; Don't know how I missed this one, but here we go. I love the neon look, I like the swirl in the toilet. It all looks like a pit-fall in a
virtual game. I do think there's a lot of action going on right next to the toilet that I'm not sure of. Otherwise, good job. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Re: Student

Postby always_parry » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:39 am

Michaelblade wrote:Hey Now.Where are my teachers.It says student at my name.What does that mean?Here's something I created.

I really like it, its very post-modern art. I love it hte neon glow very nice how did you do it? What tools do you use?

cheers
Parry Y.

Come check out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/parryscosmos I update it daily so there is always something new and exciting, cheers.
always_parry

The Restroom

Postby Michaelblade » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:50 am

Greetings.The heart of this picture is an original photograph that I took with my old cell phone.Now I will tell the whole story.My wife Elizabeth and I went to Griffith Park California because she likes to run there.I usualy ride a mountain bike,but this time I had my big jack russle Perla and our old whippet Delphi.So I took the dogs for a long walk while Lizzie did an 8 mile run.This park is very nice.Green and large with old and new buildings.We came up to an old 50's style structure that looked like a restroom.Indeed it was.Oh my oh my,the worst mess you could imagine.The only thing missing was rotting carcasses.There were plenty of other horrors.Joe saw the original. Anyway I put it in photoshop 5 and drew and mostly used the effects.Photoshop is just what the name implies.It is a shop where a picture can be altered or repaired.Sometimes it takes many hours or just minutes.The bottom line though is natural talent and time spent learning.The books you can get are like reading Shogun. The ying yang in the swirling bowl conjurs thoughts in my
ain that will take too long to explain
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:03 pm

When I frist saw this I thought it was neon light. But reading on I see it was,nt. Counld have fool me, It,s an interesting suject matter. An interesting work.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby vytenis » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:16 am

__
Last edited by vytenis on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
vytenis

Primitive

Postby Michaelblade » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:37 am

Well,too bad you weren't there to compose the room to your liking.Also,you haven't seen the original.Thanks for the (looks primitive) compliment.The ying yang symbol is ancient. I'm glad you don't like it. Blade
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Creativity

Postby Michaelblade » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:07 am

At the description I state that here is something I created.But I only captured a scene that was left by people.The picture that is posted was done because the orignal is very very gross,but a reality.The moderaters did not like it in its natural state.So I doctored it up with photoshop.I will soon post a photo I took of a surf
eak during our last south swell.It wont need to be altered. I really enjoy the photography on this site.Thank you all.
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:26 am

Blade, I don't think this is a piece of art either. As an experiment, it's interesting, but there's nothing more to it. I think all artists produce some bad stuff from time to time, so it's ok. Looking forward to your next photo. Erika
Erika Takacs

Art

Postby Michaelblade » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:29 am

It is art because It was turned into art.If a latrine can be art then anything can.Dead bodies,nature,photographs,paintings done by a Jack Russle terrier,etc.
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Postby clvngodess » Mon May 07, 2007 9:07 am

I have a problem with obvious photoshop tricks unless the obvious is a totally intended visual pun. The yantra in the john is an interesting concept in itself, and I think should be investigated further, and perhaps more clearly (better use of perspective perhaps.)

I'd like to see the original photo with minimal obvious manipulation. You may be on to something here.
clvngodess