A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Sunbathers

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

The Sunbathers

Postby crosseyedcricket » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:46 am

This is my first post, first visit here and the paintings I am submitting are pretty much all waterfowl, landscapes or Victorian. I am self taught and take my artwork very seriously as it is my passion. Please give me an honest opinion that I can learn from. I'm definately not a Monet', Michaelangelo, or even Bob Ross, I'm just me and I paint things the way I see them in my head.
Attachments
wa the sunbathers.jpg
wa the sunbathers.jpg (65.38 KiB)
crosseyedcricket

Postby Singular » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:06 pm

This drawn very well. The layout is nice. But it is missing something for me. I am not sure if it is just the photo that was taken, but it seems to missing the life felt in your other paintings. Otherwise, very nice.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Bod Ross, That,s that man on T.V. is it not. Looking at this work I seem to feel I,m looking at work a ways beyon a beginner. The real Question is, is this the work of an artist. And it is that. The skill and talet are there. And I belive any schooling would be a very good idea. This is good work. And I have looked at the 3 pieces. Keep working, Good luck.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Hi

Postby Michaelblade » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:10 pm

I love this painting.It reminds me of my childhood fishing adventures.Also,no matter how great you are,you will ALWAYS learn something in school.I'm not saying that you need it.I'm just relating my own experience.
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:48 am

Listen, as the others have said, this is a nice painting! Just throw in some deeper colors to add warmth. Or lighter sun colors if you want morning.
I'm thinking cad yellow light, white, and very, very pale ultramarine blue
and titanium white mix, or an almost light grey for morning. For afternoon you can use your cobalt blues, cad yellow medium, orange-whites, etc.
Hope that helps. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury