A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Eagle painting, acrylic on masonite

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Eagle painting, acrylic on masonite

Postby bergina » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 pm

“Eagle over Deep Blue"

I've always loved the challenge of painting eagles and this project was definitely that. The water was by far, one of my most difficult hurdles as I wanted it to appear deep with a sense of natural movement , free flowing somewhat lose but with definite detail, somewhat a contradiction. Unfortunately when I photographed this painting, the head always seemed to be over exposed, blowing out all the subtle contrasts I had painted. I could probably fix it through photo shop but I never alter any of my original work that goes on line. I guess I should probably take a course on photography.
Any comments appreciated
Attachments
Eagle Blue#3.jpg
Eagle Blue#3.jpg (112.2 KiB)
Last edited by bergina on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bergina

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby KarinPavlic » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:13 pm

I think it is wonderful. Freedom and freshnes, grace and pover, combined in one image. :)

Photographing paintings is hard. I usualy take a shot and then look at the painting and shoot of it and slide the
ightnes&contrast slider until the colors correnspod at least 98%. With doing that also at least some of the details that are on real painting become visable. Sometimes some 'Sharpen edges' can be useful. And of course it is smart to convert the photo color profile to 'Working RGB - sRGB IEC61966-2.1'. In any case I just try to match it with real thing as much as I can and it takes like 3 min to do so. ;)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
KarinPavlic

Gallery: View Gallery