A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Perhaps it is a mask?

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Perhaps it is a mask?

Postby proverbialpixie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:27 pm

I did this painting a few years back, but still haven't finished it. Each time I get the urge to work on it, something else comes across to me, and I'm not sure in which direction to take it. I typically work in pencil and charcoal, so acrylics are still a task for me. Any suggestions/critics?
Thank you in advance, just in case....
Attachments
painted_mask3.JPG
painted_mask3.JPG (17.98 KiB)
A seeming innocent who'll rip your heart to shreds as soon as look at you- A provocative pixie licking the proverbial lollipop all the while making you wonder if she's staring at your crotch." -Sextrology-Gemini
proverbialpixie

Postby johnwalkeasy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:37 pm

The work looks finsh to me. Maybe you should think about it being done. Like the faces and the differnt kind of eyes. Like the background and the way it is part of the work. Like the colors. Kind of has a devil making me do this look to it.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby the_pm » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:59 pm

The lighter wisp on the upper-left side of the top face seemed like a devil's horn to me, perhaps completing the reference?

Very nice, eerie work :)
the_pm

opiniom

Postby Michaelblade » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi.Very fine work.Looks like partial air
ush.I see a demon.Wouldn't want it near my fig. If you want it to look feminine,put eyelashes on.But doesn't look unfinished at all. You could put it in photoshop and experiment to see what any changes would say. You are a fine artist. Sincerely.Blade
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury