A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

feedback please!

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

feedback please!

Postby eStrix » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Thanks
eStrix

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi there and welcome. Do you by chance have a larger version of this image? I would love to see the detail before I comment. Also what is the medium of this work?

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby eStrix » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:21 pm

excuse me, i'm new here and i don't know how to use this form ;)

here the link to my work: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47303717/

thanks
eStrix

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:27 pm

eStrix wrote:excuse me, i'm new here and i don't know how to use this form ;)

here the link to my work: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47303717/

thanks

No need to apologize. You did it correctly. I have updated your post with a larger image that you had loaded on our gallery.
Singular
Founder

Postby Singular » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:33 pm

This image has power. The hands and arms are well done. The shadows are good. I would soften them a bit farther from the body. But, I am a little confused as to what is going on around the abdominal area.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby eStrix » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks for all! ;)

This is one of my first work on wacom. Around the abdominal area there was only confusion between figure and background... I want to tell about a rebel figure against its background... ;) that's all!

sorry for my bad english, I hope to have explained well my thought.

Bye
Ely
eStrix

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Overall I like this work. I do think perhaps thier is a little to much white. And thier are some issues with the figure. I think your trying to be right on with the human form. The upper back may be a little off. And I see no rib bones showing like they should. Like the blue and the dark backgound behind the figure. What is the size of this work? And what kind of paint did you use?
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:08 pm

The concept is wonderful, you need to work alot more on the background and more detail is needed on the figure. Hope you'll get it right, because if you do, you'll have a great painting. Good luck, Erika
Erika Takacs

nice computer work...

Postby Michael Ortega » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:54 am

The hand against the wall seems larger than the hand/arm in the foreground...which we know can't be right! Very zombie like color scheme, which is OK...powerful "
ushwork"...and as others have mentioned: a very stylized anatomical rendering...

did i misunderstand or was this done on a wacom tablet? how long did it take?

nice work, tho
very personal...very fluid...

michael
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega

Postby eStrix » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 am

okok it's not perfect, I know it... this is one of my works on wacom.
I use painter, but i know a few of it... maybe i use painter like i paint on canvas! ;)

Does somebody know a good tutorial of painter?

I agree with everybody. It needs more work, but I decided to chance the subject... and I try other experiments with tablet. Can I post some of them here to continue this useful critique on my art? I would to know if I'm a better artist after this year...
eStrix

Postby Singular » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:47 am

Sure, you can continue this thread with another image. Or you can start a new thread.

I am not sure if this will help, but we have a couple tutorials using graphic software, either Photoshop or Painter. They are very similar, so I think they may be useful to you.

http://asingularcreation.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=801
http://asingularcreation.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=689
Singular
Founder

wow

Postby nina » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:12 am

Your work is right up my alley. Just love it. I'm not confused, bothered by it or see anything worthy of change. I see a lot of movement coming from the right, like the background is trying to suck the figure in while it struggles to fit loose, twisting violently toward the light. I dig it. Big time.
nina

Postby eStrix » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:47 am

thanks nina! I have seen your website! you are a real artist... can you visit my website on DeviatArt: http://estrix.deviantart.com/ and my saatchi gallery: http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/artist_profile//44035.html ?

Bye
eStrix
eStrix

Ceramiche d'autore

Postby eStrix » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:02 am

thanks singular for tutarials! but sorry they are not useful for my art...

I want to submit to you the following digital work I have made not soon after "I wonder".

eStrix

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:32 am

The 'Ceramiche de Autore' is amusing and I love 'Mio Padre'!
What's a Wacom tablet? E
ehoeveler

Postby eStrix » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:17 am

it's a Wacom Intous A3 of year 2000 ;)
eStrix

Postby DLKeur » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:22 am

I've waited to comment on this because I needed to contemplate.

What you have is a very potent, powerful work with the first, but it's a bit raw yet. The idea and conceptual is great, but the execution needs some work, specifically that obscurity in the loin area that looks like a grey swirl of paint to obscure genetal. The hands aren't quite where they need to be for the wonderful job you did on the arms. The body itself could stand more attention to shadow resolution. The painting moving from finished to unfinished, right to left, is wonderful. Do keep that, and the fleshed out hands on the wall of the unfinished canvas. This can be a very important work and very powerful if given a new, focused repainting.

The second work stands on its own as is...if you clean up the paint around the flower. That area shows too much overworking. Again, though, a very powerful and symbolically suggestive work.

Just my opinion.
DLKeur

Postby eStrix » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:07 am

@DLKeur

I agree with you on almost all the reasonings.
I love the expression that you have used:"The painting moving from finished to unfinished, right to left... Do keep that, and the fleshed out hands on the wall of the unfinished canvas. "
This is the most beautiful criticism that my art-work has received till now!

I don't know if I will repaint another new art-work from this. Not now, yes.
My inspiration on this theme is exhausted. I think that it doesn't need to force the creativeness.

About the second work... can you tell me what do you want to tell me with "... if you clean up the paint around the flower. That area shows too much overworking."?

Thank you so much. My art needs a guide as yours! My inspiration has need of an angel that follows its walk. I have never participated in any exposures and I have need to decide whether to make of my creations.
Bye
eStrix

Close To Me - Butterfly

Postby eStrix » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:11 am

eStrix

Postby DLKeur » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:57 am

Okay, around the pink flower, the paint shows too much rework. I use a mask and then repaint or use thinner when this happens, depending on the medium I'm using.

On the painting you just posted, which is VERY DRAMATIC and has startling impact, again your overworking of the paint around the figure is visible. Otherwise, the last one, the girl on the draped couch, is utterly marvelous. ...Except the boots which need more shading. While I realize the balance and the intended optical suggestion that the head and feet are but camouflaged versions of the other, still the boots need perspective -- just enough so they maintain the same average perspective and depth of the rest of the figure.
DLKeur

Next