A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

A new thread of controversy :) Check out my latest

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

A new thread of controversy :) Check out my latest

Postby nina » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:33 am

This was commissioned by a man out of Chicago. He wanted my take on the Holy Spirit. I wanted something that represented the essence of repentance and the need for guidance. I used the same hands from an earlier series, this time pouring out the water, symbolic of baptism and forgiveness. I am starting to really find my style I think.
Attachments
Holy Spirit finished2.jpg
Holy Spirit finished2.jpg (144.44 KiB)
nina

Postby DLKeur » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:07 am

When I looked at your website, my favorite painting was the boats, however, with an eye to your commercial viability and most lucrative market demongraphics, your Christian images are most potent. The hands are always a solid sub-category, and especially lucrative for prints, but your paintings of the Christian savior are your high-end sellers in both the print markets and to investors and collectors. This is JUST MY OPINION, I will emphasize.
DLKeur

Postby nina » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:58 am

No you're dead on. My prints depicting Jesus are my best sellers and what draw people into my booth or display every time. I always felt there was an absense in christian art of some real gritty emotion, a raw sense of awe at the things God does even conveyed so simply in basic human form. I like to listen to epic soundtracks and hard rock christian music when I paint. I think it feeds my agressiveness :)
nina

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:45 pm

Nina, You,ve come back again with another beautiful painting. You paint with your heart. And a very beautiful heart it is.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ehoeveler » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Just keep doing what you're doing, Nina!
Ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery