A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Skull and Roses- 3rd try in color

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Skull and Roses- 3rd try in color

Postby lunsfordbl15 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 am

Third attempt with color. Most of the work I do, actually all of it, is done in what little free time i have. Hope to have some feedback to improve and continue doing what I love.
Attachments
lunsfordbl15

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Skull and Roses- 3rd try in color

Postby texascliff69 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:10 pm

great shading and detail
texascliff69

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 pm

You are an artist. You have skill. Why are you going to the dark side? Why do you need to express yourself in this manner? Why do you need to insult the viewer with this type of image? With such artistic skill why do you choose to horrify us, the viewers? Answer these questions and I may choose to do further discussion with you.
CarlOwen

Postby lunsfordbl15 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Could you elaborate on "the dark side"?
lunsfordbl15

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:41 pm

I will not be drawn into banal banter. Answer the questions if you want to continue this discourse.
CarlOwen

Postby lunsfordbl15 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:51 pm

My direct audience are Marines, that is why my art reaches into the realm of the "dark side"- because they enjoy it. That is the purpose of my art, not to make money. It may be a small audience it which take pleasure in that sort of art, but its an audience none the less. Now when the opportunity arises where Im no longer in the military or the time I can dedicate to create universally accepted art surpasses a couple hours, I will, without a doubt, refer directly to your advice in guidance to my work. Until then I use my audience's preferences for the dark side as an opportunity to further perfect my own techniques and experiment with new things.
lunsfordbl15

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Thank you for acknowledging that you actually know what the "dark side" is and for answering question number 1. I see so much in your answer. I believe you are in danger and it is not from combat. It is because you are allowing yourself to be used in such a manner as to serve your Marines in allowing them to enjoy cathartic release, at your expense. I suggest you change your viewers point of view from reliving horrors to enjoying something they are fighting for, starting with enjoying objects of beauty.

I also suggest you look at the "finsterc" profile page on this site, read the comments made about his art, and make up your mind to contact him as a confidant and/or enjoy what he has done here. But most importantly, I suggest you look deep inside yourself and make a decision. Is it going to be Darth Vader in service of the Emperor or Luke in service of the Force.
CarlOwen

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:48 pm

I so love the work - the light is quite interesting. Wanted to add, We Love You and Thank You for Your Service. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby MariahParris » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:49 am

This is beautifully constructed. From a technique perspective, I'm going to throw this revalation I had a while ago at you that might help the depth/vitality of the composition.
No white object is white. If you pick up a skull and place it next to a rose, the skull will have a pinkish/light light neutral reds on it's adjoining surface. Taking into consideration the light source and possible surounding objects, and letting those influence the subtle color varients on your pieces will take your pieces to a whole new level.
MariahParris

Postby Mo Salih » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:29 pm

I like the shading .. good work
Mo Salih

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:37 pm

I really like the unique composition, and your focus of detail is devine! Very well done.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)