A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Need advice

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Need advice

Postby ArtByBri » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:12 pm

Hello everyone!
I need some help with this mountain painting I'm doing. I want to add more depth by making the background mountains kinda misty and foggy and then more detailed as the mountains get closer. I'm kinda stuck on what colors to use because I want to keep this painting bright and not too dark. Im also not sure of what type of detail I can add. Should I use darker shades of blue and green for shadowing and detail?? And white for highlights?? If you have any advice of color scheme, overall technique, or what you think would look better I would really appreciate any input you might have!
Thanks!!
Attachments
ArtByBri

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Need advice

Postby Singular » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:04 am

You are definitely on the right path here. The mountains in the background are more translucent and are getting bolder in the foreground. The depth is good there. The color scheme is good. No worries about that. Now what you need to do in the foreground is add the fine details. The mountains will have lots of color variation and movement and the closer you get, the more apparent they will be. I recommend you take a look at some of the work of Bob Ross. He was a TV personality/painter, but he did some really good mountain work.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Need advice

Postby ArtByBri » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 pm

Singular wrote:You are definitely on the right path here. The mountains in the background are more translucent and are getting bolder in the foreground. The depth is good there. The color scheme is good. No worries about that. Now what you need to do in the foreground is add the fine details. The mountains will have lots of color variation and movement and the closer you get, the more apparent they will be. I recommend you take a look at some of the work of Bob Ross. He was a TV personality/painter, but he did some really good mountain work.

Thank you for your advice!! I really appreciate your recommendation!
ArtByBri