A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Drawing

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Drawing

Postby Nikki Lee » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 pm

I did this drawing in charcoal awhile ago and thought I'd put it in here to see what people thought. I have a hard time capturing the right expressions and making it look like the person it is suppose to be. Any tips you could give me on this would be great.

Thanks
Nikki
Nikki Lee

Postby Singular » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:49 pm

This is not bad. I do have some tips for you. Expressions are tough and the only way to get good at them is to practice doing a bunch of them. You could probably do a google search on drawing facial expressions just to get a bunch of pictures of expressions and what the parts of the face do in order to create that expression. If you understand the muscles of the face and where they go and what they do, it will be a lot easier. So my next tip would be to study the face. The masters are a good source. Look at pictures of their work as well as an anatomy book on the face.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)