A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Photograph

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Photograph

Postby Nikki Lee » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:19 pm

I am a new comer to this site and was just looking for a little feedback on this picture.

This is my cat BooBoo, he was my subject for a photography class I was enrolled in. I would appreciate any feedback that you could give me.

Thanks
Nikki
Attachments
Drawings-paintings 005.jpg
Drawings-paintings 005.jpg (74 KiB)
Nikki Lee

Postby Singular » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:51 pm

Welcome aboard. This is actually quite good. I really like the contrast of the sharp and detailed blades of grass against the smooth fur of the cat. Is the class straight photography, or is digital enhancement allowed? If so, I would love to see a splash of
ight color in the eyes. That would look really cool in my opinion.

very well done,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Nikki Lee » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks for your reply. I haven't got around to trying your suggestion yet, but I really like your idea. I will post the changed photo when I get it done.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my picture.

Nikki
Nikki Lee

Re: Photograph

Postby DeDeSorensen » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:18 pm

BooBoo is really cute. I like that you've captured his "curious" nature in this photograph as he looks like he may be about to pounce on something out of frame. I like Joe's idea also to add a splash of color to the eyes. Depending upon the color you choose, you can convey all manner of moods ot the image. Nice work.
:) DeDe
DeDeSorensen

Postby pyewacket » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:06 am

What can I say--I am cat lover, having two highly pampered babes myself--so of course I just love any photo of a cat--I always have had the tendency to go for a bit more contrast--which maybe your photo could use--just a tad--other wise aok
pyewacket

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:27 am

Kitty on the prowl! I love it; eyes, whiskers and grass sharp like a cats' claws. I wish I could get a shot of my 3 rotten cats like that. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Nikki Lee » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:45 am

Thanks for you comments. I had a difficult time getting this picture, its really hard to do when they keep walking up to you for a pet. I probably spent 1/2 hour laying on my lawn trying to get a picture.

Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions.

Nikki
Nikki Lee