A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Cast Apple

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Cast Apple

Postby TwinSpar » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:18 pm

This piece was a commissioned piece and the only information I was given for hints on a direction was that they collect apples and they wanted something modern/clean/minimalist for a new modern home. I normally only do metal sculptures so this was a real gamble in working with a new medium. I created a 2 part silicone mold of a big artificial apple (6 inches wide), made the small sculpture to float in the middle of the apple, and proceeded with the epoxy casting.

The couple is from the city of El Paso Texas which is known as the sun city. The part in the center of the heart is supposed to represent a sun like object. All of the metal parts are recycled/re-used. The stem was made from a valve from my dead Aprilia Tuono engine. The piece is mostly finished other than having to deal with one small sanding defect and using a little epoxy to lock the stem in place. The piece weighs in at 5 pounds.

Image20201011_145737 by Leif Price, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20201011_151619_372 by Leif Price, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20201011_151619_371 by Leif Price, on Flickr
TwinSpar

Return to Be Gentle