A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Bumblebee and Dragonfly in Love

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Bumblebee and Dragonfly in Love

Postby poeticstina » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:20 pm

....facing the weather conditions. Watercolour pencils painting. 18,9''x14,2 of original size. Or 36x48 cm for europe countries. I am new here. I love it when my paintings interest somebody or even make smile, an emotion, laugh or touch the heart. Or make dream. I do not know if i will achieve this goal :). You can look at my paintings firstlyhere. If I have more courage I will put it in the stronger critique forum, too.

On this particular painting I have not received any comments from anybody yet. Only relatives. :)) So I am curious to know your sincere impression, likes and dislikes. I think about making the same picture more "realistic" in future, especially what concerns the sea/water. But for the moment it was enough for me.

Hope somebody finds that interesting enough. If not I would also like to know your dislikes. I want to get better :)

PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT IS NOT GOOD SEEN
Attachments
poeticstina

Re: Bumblebee and Dragonfly in Love

Postby Singular » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:49 pm

I like this. It is very cute and well designed. If you want to keep it nonrealistic, that is perfectly ok. Just be sure all of the lines are crisp and the contrast is a bit greater The tones in the foreground appear to be very similar to the tones in the background and the focal points. So everything is sort of the same.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Bumblebee and Dragonfly in Love

Postby BettyRubble » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:34 am

poeticstina wrote:....facing the weather conditions. Watercolour pencils painting. 18,9''x14,2 of original size. Or 36x48 cm for europe countries. I am new here. I love it when my paintings interest somebody or even make smile, an emotion, laugh or touch the heart. Or make dream. I do not know if i will achieve this goal :). You can look at my paintings firstlyhere. If I have more courage I will put it in the stronger critique forum, too.

On this particular painting I have not received any comments from anybody yet. Only relatives. :)) So I am curious to know your sincere impression, likes and dislikes. I think about making the same picture more "realistic" in future, especially what concerns the sea/water. But for the moment it was enough for me.

Hope somebody finds that interesting enough. If not I would also like to know your dislikes. I want to get better :)

PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT IS NOT GOOD SEEN

I think it is very cute and a well thought as well. I like the art style and I wonder, is that your trademark? Is that the style you feel the most comfortable in or is it something new that you just dabbled into looking to see how it turns out? Why am I so interested in that? Because if that is indeed your trademark you could start illustrating children books. I think this art style would be perfect for the stories for kids. It is soft, colorful, sweet and very pretty. You could also find someone who would write ( or do it yourself) a wonderful story about Bumblebee and Dragonfly because even I would read the heck out of that!
BettyRubble