A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hilton Head Island Artist

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Hilton Head Island Artist

Postby stanton » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:38 am

I am a self taught artist and have been at it for a little over 6 years. I paint in oil and watercolor and my subject matter is primarily landscapes of the S.C. lowcountry and nearby Savannah, GA. I have recently taken a new direction with my work doing figurative paintings in oil with a very loose, impressionistic style. You can see a sample in the forum section Artwork Critique, I Am Ready For The Fury. The submitted piece is titled "Young man partially clothed." I show my work in 4 SC galleries, and have a web site (see profile). I am looking for ways to get into some galleries outside of SC.
stanton

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:04 am

Hi Stanton,
Welcome to ASC. I Like your work. It's very good. I look forward to seeing more.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:56 am

Welcome, Stanton. Your realistic landscapes are wonderful, there's so much peacefulness about them. I love them. Your new direction is quite different, once you perfect it, it will be very interesting. Good luck!
Erika Takacs

Postby DLKeur » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Welcome.
DLKeur

Paintings

Postby Carmelo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 am

Being self taught as well makes me want to say your work is well done and effective in capturing the mood of the south. The wave rider and figure are good compositions and interesting in the color play. Welcome.
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)

Welcome

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 pm

I am self taught as well with exception of the 3 yrs of art in high school. I prefer pastel and pencil sketches. I live in NC and love the beaches. Plenty of options for sketching thats for sure. Will look forward to checking out your work. My website is www.freewebs.com/lsbennett when you get time to check it out. Would appreciate any comments when signing my guestbook. Thanks a bunch.
xxbreezy

correction

Postby stanton » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:21 pm

I went back to the web site again and this time it was, indeed, your web site. I have no idea what happened last time, but I was flooded with banner ads and had to go off line to stop it. I apologize. By the way, your work is very nice!
stanton

Paintings

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:00 am

Had a chance to view your work this morning and you have done a very nice job on all of them. The colors are amazing and very well blended. Thanks for sharing.
xxbreezy

Postby tintefaust » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:39 am

Nice stuff, I like the fountain.
tintefaust