A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Opaque Happiness' artwork

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Opaque Happiness' artwork

Postby Opaque Happiness » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey, everyone! I'm new to this website and I have to say that everyone's art is amazing.
I decided to join in hopes of getting my art more known not only to people in my country but outside as well and I hope I'll succeed.
I'm an 18-year old artist and I work with colored pencils on paper.
My art has elements of fantasy, surrealism and some darkness.
I like making art that has some sort of meaning behind it and leave the viewer thinking things such as "What does this mean?" and "Could this possibly be...?".
My artwork has no specific perspective because I like it when everyone comes up with their own perspective on what it could mean to them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opaque-Happiness/1536961016578098

The link above my drawing is my art page on Facebook where I post as much as I can, currently posting my old drawings every now and then until I'm finished with new artwork.
Please give me your opinion on it.
Thank you! :mrgreen:
Opaque Happiness

Re: Opaque Happiness' artwork

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Welcome, Christiana! This fallen angel is on his way up - I like that. I also like your colors and imagination used in your imagery.
I am wondering about the road - shakeskin or stone? Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby jenn_iam » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:49 pm

I like your figure a lot... the flow and dramatics it presents against the cooler and brighter scenery... It speaks of a state of being. One who views themselves walking alone and sad in a world that is seemingly happy, united, successful. Everything that he is not. He longs for that feeling of belonging, and is shedding his old self, to grow and find himself, anew.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Opaque Happiness » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:30 am

ehoeveler wrote:Welcome, Christiana! This fallen angel is on his way up - I like that. I also like your colors and imagination used in your imagery.
I am wondering about the road - shakeskin or stone? Thank You, E

Hello and thank you very much! It's a stone road.
Here is the full picture, it's called "Melancholia on a beautiful skyline": https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=55048851
Opaque Happiness

Postby Opaque Happiness » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 am

jenn_iam wrote:I like your figure a lot... the flow and dramatics it presents against the cooler and brighter scenery... It speaks of a state of being. One who views themselves walking alone and sad in a world that is seemingly happy, united, successful. Everything that he is not. He longs for that feeling of belonging, and is shedding his old self, to grow and find himself, anew.

Thank you very much! Your perspective/description on it was absolutely beautiful and it describes exactly what I wanted to show. :D
Opaque Happiness