A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Let The Games Begin

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Let The Games Begin

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi Jennifer. I posted my muse collection on my art website, carlowenpaintings.com a while back. None of the 9 portraits were listed for sale. about three months later the portrait of Elizabeth Taylor was removed and the little box with the red X in it was in place of the portrait. There was no explanation other than 'picture has been removed' when I clicked on it. I have kind of an ambivalent feeling about that. It is my domain site, but looks like I don't really have the control of it I thought I had. The fact that it was removed tells me it was good enough to look like Elizabeth Taylor to the point that someone thought it was copyright infringement. That is a form of positive reinforcement about my skill, well sort of. That the public domain pictures are advertised as public domain is not the truth, confusing. Anyway, I took down the movie muses page. The paintings are in a box where most likely they will stay until someone finds them when going through my painting collection after I have left this mortal coil.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby SugarLand » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:40 pm

These are amazing wow
SugarLand

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Thank you. I think Cristo is a better artist than I am, maybe. His work is more image accurate than mine. My work has more character depth. So, a flip of the coin on any given day would determine the winner for that day. I enjoyed this 'mano y mono' thing with him. I got really lost and confused with the 'Let the games begin II'. Still thinking about pure abstraction. But, Cristo wins hands down on that second contest between us. At least for now, as I have been know to take as much as 7 years to work out problems with a painting. So again, thank you for checking in and your comment. And yes, my ego is big enough to think you are addressing me. If I am wrong, then kudos to Cristo. I would love to see your work posted. Have a good evening.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:56 pm

From time to time I check in on this post to study and remember what Cristo and I did. Needed to check my processes for the next painting I have started. This is a wonderful personal library.
CarlOwen

Previous