A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Free Contests coming in May

This is where you need to come to find out what's new with the forums and with A Singular Creation.

Moderator: Moderators

Free Contests coming in May

Postby Singular » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Hello all,

We’re very pleased to announce our new Monthly Contest initiative. The contests will be running on an ongoing basis, each month on a different theme. There will be one prize awarded each month in the form of cash or points which can be redeemed for other prizes. In addition, the winner of each contest will be featured in our e-newsletter.

Contest Rules and Voting Process

The contests are free and open to all registered members. Each artist can upload two images per contest. Images are not to exceed 1024KB or 2048 pixels width or height.

Contests will open on the 1st of each month. Participating registered members need to submit their work by the 14th of each month. Preliminary voting will start on the 15th, and it will end on the 22nd of each month. The top three rated works will be put to a final vote in the form of a poll. Final voting starts on the 23rd and ends on the 30th/31st of each month. The winner of the poll will be the Monthly Contest Winner.

All visitors are welcome to vote on all artworks. Voters are allowed to rate all images, but can only rate each image once. Voting should be based on originality, composition, execution and importance relative to theme.
Preliminary Voting: 15th – 22nd
The preliminary vote will take place on our user gallery. Voters rate images by selecting an image and choosing a rating below the image. Voters can choose a rating of between 0-5 stars.
Final Vote: 23rd – 30th/31st
The final vote will take place on our forums. Each contest will have a thread dedicated to it, where anyone can vote for their favorite finalist.

Upcoming Contest Schedule
 May: Favorite Work – Contest is open to all themes and media, designed to allow complete freedom to all participating artists in choosing their very best work.
 June: Nude – Contest is open to all media portraying the nude figure and form.
 July: World of Nature – Contest is open to all media portraying nature of the world.
 August: Faces and Emotions – Contest is open to all media depicting the human face and its emotions.
Last edited by Singular on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 am

Yay, that's so exciting! Hope I'll be able to take some decent photos until then. We hadn't had 1 sunny day in April yet!! Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:04 am

Yippee! I'll try to do something for June. E
ehoeveler

were we can register?

Postby rachel knopp » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 am

Hi Joe,
It is a wonderful idea however i do not know were to register. you wrote here but were? there is no place at this page called registration i think.

Many thanks and success,
Rachel :roll:
rachel knopp

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:31 am

Right, I see what you mean.
Joe? Oh, Joooooe!
We're clicking but nothing is happening.

E
ehoeveler

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:38 am

Guys, I think this is just the announcement. The contest will open on the 1st of May. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Nicoletta » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 pm

This sounds wonderful.. Just wondering again if the second and third prize winners will be listed as hooneroble mentions... I think that gives a little more incentive... peace and Love and so glad I found this forum and all the contests, thus far I have learned so much and been very inspired .. such talent and passion in all of us on so many levels... Nicoletta excuse typos.. i just aim for the main keys.. very tired...
Nicoletta
Nicoletta

Postby krysta11 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:31 pm

I am excited too! The first time I am going to register for competition in May and June. :lol:
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby Singular » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:52 am

krysta11 wrote:I am excited too! The first time I am going to register for competition in May and June. :lol:

Actually, this announcement was for May 2007. These competitions are already going on.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby krysta11 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi Joe,
I didn't look at the date, sorry. I knew it will not be easy for me here. :(
Krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11