A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Future Art

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Future Art

Postby Whitecloud » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Others say I need to get into artwork...... :shock:
Whitecloud

Postby Menolly » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:02 am

Do these others want you to get into making artwork or appreciating it? Either way, this is a good site to pick. We have a lot of enthusiastic artists here, of varying experience and style. Don't be afraid! :D
Menolly

Gallery: View Gallery

Me?

Postby Whitecloud » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Not afraid---- just low on time and supplies......
Whitecloud

Postby Menolly » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Ah, yes, the two things that are hardest to come by. Well, if you want a starting point for art, you might try charcoal drawing. Supplies are cheap, and you can stop and start a lot without much trouble. Pencil is good, too, if you like something that's a little less messy. A good craft store or art supply store generally sells drawing paper for a few dollars a pad, and sketching pencils or vine charcoal are pretty inexpensive too.
Menolly

Costs

Postby Whitecloud » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:36 pm

I have tried all of the above.... but since I'm disabled and don't work, I'm quit limited. :cry:
Whitecloud

Postby Menolly » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 am

Well, if you're dedicated to the idea of getting into art, I'm confident we can come up with something. You wouldn't be the first artist - here or in the general art world - with physical limitations. If you like, maybe we can tease out an avenue or two, depending on what you're interested in and what you've tried already. (You might also look into some of Teknowizard's work, here on the site. He does digital work, as a way of making art despite his own physical disability.)
That said, if you're doing this more because of outside pressure than your own interest, that might not be the best footing on which to launch yourself into art. People often find art therapeutic, and maybe that's what your friends are thinking, but if it isn't something you truly want to do, there are other possibilities available, such as music, writing, etc. that might work well for you.
Menolly

Future Art

Postby davidstar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:50 am

I think that first you need to try many things until you find the specific art that you like.
davidstar

Blog: View Blog (4)