A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

One of the Saddest Days of my life.....

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

One of the Saddest Days of my life.....

Postby BYart » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Today, I had to let Andy, my loving companion of 18 years, go, to be with God.
I loved this dog more than I can express, and I'm completely devastated .

Andy, my Airedale Terrier, had his 18th Birthday this past April 21st.
Today, he crossed over, with the help of my vet, after his vital organs showed signs of shutting down.
My vet, while still in IL, always referred to Andy as the "Energizer Bunny", as Andy's will to live just kept going and going and going.....surpassing my vet's expectations over and over......
until today.
I cannot express in words, how exceptional this dog was. He was so much more than just a loved and loving four-legged companion...he was a huge part of my life. I love Him so much. He had been through the worst, and the best, with me in the past 18 yrs. He was a blessing, that I treasured everyday he spent with me. An exceptional friend, loyal companion, that understood and was always there for me.
He made the 2.5 day trip back home to El Paso, driving from IL, without incident. I had been fearful, given his age, he might not take the stress of the move.
But, as Andy has done so many, many times, he surprised me, by making it just fine.
And now, I guess, he decided it was time to go. He had made sure that I got home(here) alright, got settled in, as he always watched over me like a hawk.
Now, he is in the loving hands of God and, I'm certain, with my late husband Charlie.

RIP now my sweet friend, I will carry you in my heart forever. I miss you so much already, as I will everyday. :cry:
Attachments
Andy my Best Buddysm.jpg
Andy my Best Buddysm.jpg (101.15 KiB)
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Barb, I,m very sorry about your loss. The only consolation to death. Is that life gos on. We lose love ones in our life. And it,s somthing we never get use to. We never get over these things. But with time the pain will lessen. But the love will always stay. Death will take us all. But not evan death can take the love away. That part of us will live forever.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BYart » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:27 am

Thanks John for your kind note.
I had been preparing myself emmotionally for this for some time...or so I thought...hurts, just the same.
But I take solice in the fact he is at Peace now. I imagine him running in the fields, chasing butterflies again, like he did as a younger dog.
Like you said, he will be in my heart forever.
Barb

BYart

Postby Singular » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 am

I'm very sorry for your loss Barb. It's never an easy thing to lose someone who was an important part of your life. I hope you will be ok in time.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby BYart » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Thank you for your kindness Joe.
I'll be OK, just trying to get used to this emptniess left by his crossing.
I'm sure it will be months before I arrive home from some errand, and not be wondering for that split second, where he is...he always met me with such enthusiasm at the front door.
Andy used to travel with me to dog shows, when i was still showing my Great Danes. I never had the heart to tell him he wasn't a "show" dog, as he enjoyed sitting and watching the Danes exhibit. He was a CHAMPION in everyway that mattered. :wink:
Barb

BYart

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:22 am

Barb, I'm so sorry for your loss. Just from the pic I can tell he was a true and caring friend. My goodness, he looks so human...
Erika Takacs

Postby BYart » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:02 am

Erika Takacs wrote:Barb, I'm so sorry for your loss. Just from the pic I can tell he was a true and caring friend. My goodness, he looks so human...

Thank you Erika....at times I would swear that he was(Human). He had the most intuitive sense about him, and he always sensed my concerns or troubles..., as well as my joy, more than any dog I've had the pleasure of having as my companion.
I just finished his memorial portrait, posted in Fury.
Barb

BYart

Postby hazelnice » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:11 pm

I am sad for your loss.

Dogs considered to be "Man's Best friend" Dogs mostly act as a companion. They are very affectionate and Sensitive too!

I understand the pain you felt,and I adore your courage! Your Dog must have been proud of you! Wherever He is, He never wanted to see you pain.

Be strong and move on, the love you have for him will always be there as I know for sure, He will always love you too!
hazelnice

Sorry

Postby rrsum » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am

Sorry to hear that Barb. My thoughts are with you. I know how much you love your animals.
Rich Summers
rrsum