A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Red Flowers

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Red Flowers

Postby dbarillari » Fri May 25, 2018 10:45 pm

Well met all,
This is a mixed media piece WC and ink. Title is "Red Flowers." I haven't had any one really look at my art outside of my family so this will hopefully be very productive and educational. I think family can be a tad biased. . My gallery is a bit sparse at the moment. I have about 300 pieces to photo still and resize and upload and ect ect ect.......... I will post MOAR soon-ish.
Attachments
dbarillari

Re: Red Flowers

Postby johnsmetalsculpture » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Well, I like the work. However, I see this kind of work everywhere. And to all artist of the future. Forget the rules. Take us out of the passed.
What we do as artist, Is to say, Stop, Snap out of it. Get your mind right. Now walk down that street you've been driving down
for 20 years. Tell me of the things you've never seen before.

John

http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnsmetalsculpture

Postby dbarillari » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Thank you for the feedback. Just wondering though. Where is this "everywhere"? Also please clarify the excerpt regarding future artists. I truly want to understand what you mean by it considering its the "Rules" everyone is trying to get back to.
dbarillari

Postby johnsmetalsculpture » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Everywhere is in galleries. I've seen this type of work in all I've been in for 40 years. Of course on line. As far as rules. They work as they should while driving a car.

However, Art comes with set of rules that we all make up. Then we become trapped inside them. Let me tell you a true story.

About 63 years ago. Me and my grandmother planted 2 trees. She took hers out of the paint can. But without her knowing it. I left mine in the can and planted it.
Now the tree she planted is 80 feet tall and about 2 foot wide. The one I planted is about 50 tall. and about 1&1/2 foot wide.

Art is all about freedom. And that is freedom from rules. Artist are free. Or their not artist at all.
What we do as artist, Is to say, Stop, Snap out of it. Get your mind right. Now walk down that street you've been driving down

John

johnsmetalsculpture

Postby dbarillari » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Pic of the trees??
dbarillari

Postby johnsmetalsculpture » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Sure. I go by the old house sometimes. It's a ways from where I lived now. But the next time I drive by. I'll take a picture.

John

johnsmetalsculpture

Postby Janet Harvey » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 am

It is good you can get away with many things these days don't have to be perfect as at the end of the day it is your own work.
Janet Harvey

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jenn_iam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Great analogy and story John - Its also important, as an artist, to know WHAT those self-imposed rules are.
Recognize them, and consciously make the decision to free oneself from them, or live within them when creating.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)