A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Another landscape becomes a wildlife painting

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Another landscape becomes a wildlife painting

Postby Pooch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:35 am

I placed bears into my last one. This work seemed to call for a moose. I tried to show a higher resolution picture taken with my wife's camera but I think it was just too many pixels. The site wouldn't upload it. This was done with a pallet knife and the texture showed really well. So, here's the version taken with my camera. Hope you like it.
Attachments
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Another landscape becomes a wildlife painting

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Good afternoon Joseph. Yes, this site will allow picture posts up to 1mb only. Nice rework of the trees. The moose needs a little more work with thickening the paint so the background does not show through as the moose makes a very nice painting addition being the focal point.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Carl. Good evening. Maybe you and I should go ahead and start our own website! Then again, we seem to have taken over this one.
Yes, I probably should build up the paint a bit on the moose so he looks as though he belongs there. The painting was done completely with a pallet knife and he was brushed in. I like the way he turned out, though. He just looks right, standing there as though he owns the place.
Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you like the changes in the background. On the original it looks eerie. Almost Jurassic. Looks as though a T- Rex should be there instead of a Moose.
Pooch

Postby Singular » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:56 am

Nice work Joseph. I like the texture and mood you created.

Side note, for the forums, you can upload images up to 1MB. However, in our gallery you can upload images up to 3MB. Also, if you need to resize your large images to a smaller file size, (not image size) without losing quality, use this free tool: http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Good evening Joseph. Glad you accept my critique. Moving on. No, I do not want to start a website. I am retired-retired. I enjoy this site and having discussions with other artists like you. I am just about over my artist's painting block. Can't wait to see what I do next.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Oh Carl! Hell no! I don't want to either. I was only kidding. I was part of a writer's group a few years ago and we had a blog site. We all had an assigned day of the week to write a post in the blog. I would write mine with a cartoon that went along with it. Just having to think of something once a week was a headache. Ca't imagine how people do it every day.
No, I do't want a website.
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Hum. Thought so. There are times I come across as serious when I intend to come across as ironic or at least satirical. Most likely why I chose painting as something to do instead of writing. After about 30 years of writing reports, contracts, proposals, program designs, research papers, etc. I kind of burned out on that stuff. Happy painting my friend. Getting tired so I'm shutting down for the night.
CarlOwen

Postby chneyswhite » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 pm

I really like the color of structured, the Composition and texture. Really wonderful work.
chneyswhite