A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

A view of Lake Macy Park

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

A view of Lake Macy Park

Postby Pooch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Imagefree upload
Continuing my new found interest in nature painting. Last Saturday my wife, my daughter and myself went driving up north of us. My wife is a photographer and she wanted to take some pictures in a town called Lake Helen. I grabbed my own camera and away we went.
Took some great shots of the area and then found this little lake. Lake Macy Park, it's called. A beautiful little lake with a nice covered pier where you could sit and take pictures or paint while staying out of the sun.
I got some nice pictures that I thought would make great paintings. This is the result of one of them.
Still not thrilled with way my paintings are reproducing as photos. Going to have to figure out a way to get more accurate images of them. Just takes practice, I suppose.
Anyway, hope you like the work.
Oh, by the way. The egrets were not there, that day. I was almost finished with the piece and felt it just needed something. I decided to try a couple of egrets to break up all of that green. I put them in, stepped back, and said, "That's it!" The painting was done.
Last edited by Pooch on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: A view of Lake Macy Park

Postby Singular » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:31 am

Looks great. Are you photographing your paintings inside or out?
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Pooch » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:50 am

That's a good question, Joe. I see that you understand that whole process.
Yes, that seems to make a difference. I photographed this inside. My wife took a photo of it outside and the colors were more vivid. These are a bit washed out.
I didn't post her version because she's having some issue resizing it. Postimage is telling me her photo is too large.
Pooch

Postby Singular » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:59 am

Download this free image editor called irfanview: http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/?

I use it all the time for image resizing. It will compress the image without losing any visible quality. Great tool. Easy to install and free - no adware or viruses either.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Pooch » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:07 am

fantastic. Going there right now. Thanks.
Pooch

Postby Pooch » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 am

Image[url=https://postimage.org/app.php]Now that's closer to the colors of the original.
Last edited by Pooch on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pooch