A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Cheating or not?

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Cheating or not?

Postby NSEArts » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:30 am

I met with a fellow artist for lunch in a local pub and we discussed the different artists whom we know. Cheating came into the conversation. Please don't misunderstand me, I “don't” under any circumstances put photos on photoshop and edit them to look like paintings and pass them off as such. I do, however, make my own templates and draw around them when I begin my paintings. Just out of curiosity, do you consider that cheating or not?
NSEArts

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Cheating or not?

Postby Singular » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:15 am

Not cheating at all. Lots of artists use transparency paper or projections to create drawing templates of the objects they will paint.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Cheating or not?

Postby jannatul18 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:18 am

NSEArts wrote:I met with a fellow artist for lunch in a local pub and we discussed the different artists whom we know. Cheating came into the conversation. Please don't misunderstand me, I “don't” under any circumstances put photos on photoshop and edit them to look like paintings and pass them off as such. I do, however, make my own templates and draw around them when I begin my paintings. Just out of curiosity, do you consider that cheating or not?

I dont think it can be considered as cheating and many people out there are also doing this!
jannatul18

Return to Art Discussion