A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Art and Artists

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Art and Artists

Postby artandartist » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:59 am

Hi

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place, I have several artist friends who asked me to build them a website to showcase and sell their artwork. I am a web developer by profession with a love for art but always struggled to find pieces that also provided information about the artist, the inspiration for the piece etc.

So I decided to build a website for artists to promote themselves, provide background on themselves and sell their artwork.

The website is nearly complete and I hope to launch in beta in the coming months. My artist friends have added their content however I need further artists to provide further substance and content to the website.

To generate initial content prior to launch, I would like to offer lifetime free accounts to users who sign up in beta stage and wondered whether I would be ok to post something on your forum or be added to the marketplace?

I have a strong background in search engine optimisation meaning once established, the new website will rank well in search engines and drive traffic to the artist portfolios and generate sales. I also intend to promote artists work via social media linking back to their artwork pages directly, work has begun on building this social media presence however this will really take off once launched when we have direct content to promote.

My research shows me that on average other art websites charge artists in excess of 30% per piece sold, as I am the developer my costs are vastly reduced so I can offer a better service at around 10% for new accounts once the site is fully launched, but a lifetime free account is still a great prospect.

Many thanks for your time

http://www.artandartist.com
artandartist

Re: Art and Artists

Postby jannatul18 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 am

Hello,
First congratulation for starting your website for artist. Its nice to see the facilities you have mentioned here, I guess most of the artists will be interested on it. Try to advertise your site more as in initial stage people dont know anything about it. I have seen many artist always look for the sites to sell their artwork online. Good Luck :)
jannatul18

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:37 pm

I signed up, but I don't know if it is worth my time or if you are really ready at this point in time to actually do something with this site or if you are in the stage of just collecting contacts. It is a bit confusing to me.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby cpking » Wed May 18, 2016 3:18 pm

you have started the big things great work congratulations.
cpking