A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My blog

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

My blog

Postby ColorfulLights » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:13 pm

So, I only recently started a blog to share my art with others, let me know what you think of it! It is very simple, but that is partially because I'm still learning how to design things.
https://colorfullights.wordpress.com/
ColorfulLights

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: My blog

Postby mewtiful » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am

Hi!
I don't think you need to worry about the simpleness of the layout, it puts more attention on your art.
I think you need to work on presentation for your art, especially the finished products
Use a free software like https://pixlr.com/editor/ to crop and brighten up your pictures, it'll make a huge difference.
I did a quick example on one of your picture.

mewtiful

Postby ColorfulLights » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Mhmm Thank you for the suggestion. I have used Pixlr before. But the quickfix Doesn't really "fix" the picture from what I've noticed. The edit of the lighthouse above doesn't at all look like what the picture really looks like. I do agree though that it can sometimes be helpful, but I probably should just work on taking better pictures with natural light.
ColorfulLights

Postby mewtiful » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Oh I didn't use quick fix, I adjusted the levels manually
mewtiful

Postby maryginger » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:48 am

The lighthouse reminded me of one of the Mumintroll books. I do not know why such association appeared. :)

I also have a blog but I’m a freelance writer:
http://essaydune.com/most-common-college-writing-mistakes/.
maryginger

Postby Mannzie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi Matthew
I've just taken a look at your website. I have a couple of suggestions for you. Navigation around the site needs improving. Your drawing, pen and ink, homemade pages are linked at the bottom of the home page, and I did not even know they were linked pages until I ran the mouse over them. These pages need to be up a top of the page, next to your other pages. Once on one of these pages, I can not find a way to get back to the home page. Every page on the site has to be linked back to the Home Page. Your About page, in the first paragraph, you talk about yourself in the first person, then start talking about yourself in the third person. When reaching out to your visitor, it is always best to talk to your visitors about yourself, not to your visitors as if somebody else is talking about you. Talk in the first person only. About page, does not say anything to me about you. People gain an interest from others they like, people buy from people they like. The about page is your chance to allow people into your personal world, to let them see who you are, share your visions and find a connection to you. I would recommend you upload a real picture of yourself. I would recommend you get rid of the advertising your society 6 and etsy and suggesting they buy from you on the About Page page. This page is not for sales pushes, it is for them to learn about you. And again, remove the links for more information about you on the About Page. Nobody is going to go hunting and link jumping just to find out more information about you. It needs to right there, on the About page. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Mannzie

Postby seorwb » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:11 am

Very nice to see your blog .
seorwb