A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

MUSIC

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

MUSIC

Postby SPARTAN » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:54 pm

WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO WHEN PAINTING ,IF ANY.
AT THE MOMENT I'M LISTENING TO RAY LAMONTAGNE. GREAT SONGWRITER. "JOLENE" IS MY FAVORITE TRACK.
I LOVE ALL TYPES OF MUSIC FROM BLUEGRASS(UNION STATION) TO COUNTRY (STEVE EARL) ROCK (QUEEN).ELVIS PRESLEY(KENTUCKY RAIN)
AND POP (BLACK EYED PEAS, ALICIA KEYES) CLASSICAL(CLAIR DE LUNE, 1812 OVERTURE)
WHATS YOUR ALL-TIME FAVOURITE PEICE OF MUSIC?
LET ME KNOW, I'LL DOWNLOAD IT AND HAVE A LISTEN :wink:
SPARTAN

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby beautifulbay » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:49 pm

I like a lot of styles of music, I'm more into light music, as my favorite singer is Celine Dion....just picked up the new album the other day, so I've been listening to that the past few days.
I also like Jazz, saw a jazz band the other night for a christmas show, ...really, I like my music to be relaxing...but I also get into a lot of rock too, I just have to be in the mood for that. NO rap, metal, or anything of that sort, and although I enjoy hearing classical, I don't make it a point to listen to it.
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Fave

Postby Carmelo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:11 pm

I too, am omnivorous in my musical appetite, how about for classical some Joaquin Rodrigo; "Concerto de Aranjuez" and "Fantasy for a Gentleman" Rimski-Korsakov; Sheherazade. For jazz, I highly recommend Stan Getz's "Focus album, Her, and Pan." I like Enigma's "Song of Innocence" Mike Oldfield's "Ommadawn" Jean Michelle Jarre's "Oxygene" and "Equinox" hmm,
Ray Lynch has "No Blue Thing" and "Deep Breakfast" Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" and anything by Carlos Santana just to name a few.
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby SPARTAN » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:42 am

I'M MORE OF A LYRICS MAN MY -SELF ,ITEND TO FOCUS ON THE WORDS OF A SONG ESPECIALLY SONGS THAT TELL A STORY. I LIKE RANDY NEWMANS EARLY STUFF .GENISIS -SOLSBURY HILL.
NEVER BEEN A BIG FAN OF CELIONS,SORRY BB. FEMALE VOCALIST I LISTEN TO.... JONI MITCHELL,ALISON KRAUSS,BONNIE BRAITT AND OF COURSE EVA CASSIDAY.
SPARTAN

Postby beautifulbay » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:16 am

You don't have to apologize, I love her music, I don't expect everyone else to. :D I also love lyrics...powerful music with powerful words....that's why I like Celine. Her music moves me in ways no other music does. I like music to have strong emotion with a good composition to back it up. Celine happens to have incredible writers to her music and I have to give them just as much credit to put it all together as I give to her to finsih it with her voice and talent. All together, it is art we can sense with our ears and feelings and I just love it.
And yes, I sing a lot...all day long I'm singing some kind of tune and like to get loud at times! lol .....my husband can tell you how much I love music....I tend to get lost in it and if my music is playing, just leave me alone, because I probably won't pay any attention to you anyway. :lol: :lol: :P

Classic bands I love...Styx, Journey, Moody Blues, things like that...Great stuff, I listen to a lot.
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
beautifulbay

Vocals

Postby Carmelo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Vocals, hmm, How about India Aire's "The Heart of the Matter" and maybe some Clapton blues, most of which are good to listen to. There are some interesting Gregorian chants with great percussion on Enigma's MCMXCA.D. in the first tune and a bit later as well. We have a lady in Austin Texas named Carolyn Wonderland who belts out some great vocals and also Ruthie Foster!
Carmelo

Postby SPARTAN » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:32 am

WHAT A GREAT NAME "WONDERLAND"
SPARTAN

Wonderland

Postby Carmelo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:53 am

Aye laddiebuck! And the great name has a great voice and can play a mean guitar. There are many entertaining vocalists to enjoy to be sure. Music is like art eclectic in the offerings to the various tastes. So's wine. Hmm, Wine women and song, seems I've heard that somewhere.
Carmelo

Postby beautifulbay » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:01 am

hmm, I love wine and I love music....so how about wine, men and music....be more my taste :P
beautifulbay

Postby SPARTAN » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 am

CAN'T POSSIBLY COMMENT.(I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THE W...WORD :wink: )
IT GETS ME INTO TROUBLE.
SPARTAN

Postby karinbest » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:13 am

Hi Folks I've been enjoying your posts on what music you like. I agree with you,.. May I call you BB too. I love Celine I have ll her CD'S so does my husband ..But then again I love all music EXCEPT hip hop .. I love clasical I adore opera I like pop and enjoy some rock.. When I paint I listen to Tenors and opera mostly.. I love IL Divo and the Ten Tenors.
I also like Blue Grass and country.... I hope you don't mind me butting in .
Karin
karinbest

Postby beautifulbay » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:38 am

Butt away! :lol: It's an open forum, and the more the merrier!
Glad to see another Celine fan. I have kind of worn out a couple of my Cd's and need to replace at least 2 of them :oops: and I'm loving the new one...totally different from her normal stuff, she has a rock edge in a lot of it and it's really cool.
I sort of like country too, there is some of it I like, but after listening to it too long, the songs all start to sound the same, so I have to listen to it a little bit at a time. There are a few singers I really enjoy, I like a powerful voice and some female country singers definately fit into that, like Martina McBride. It's just amazing.
oh...Celine is back on tour again, I'm scrambling to see if I can get tickets, she'll be in NY in September....tickets are really expensive, esp if you want good seats...so I
ll need to plan this out....I need to go! :!:
beautifulbay

Butts

Postby Carmelo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:57 pm

B-B-Butt what about Pavarotti? As tenors go, I think his voice was the most extraordinary instrument. Oops, did I butt in to your girl talk? Scusa mio, I did rather enjoy BB's comment on wine men and song. Celene's new album is great and she is quite a voice in the music world. Ah, but I do indeed love instumentals, listening to Stan Getz as we speak.
Carmelo

Postby beautifulbay » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:00 pm

ooo...yes, Pavarotti!! Good one Carmelo! Absolutely amazing!

..... More butting in, I see...and right in the middle of girl talk! :? J/K

Let's see...I also like Phil Colins ...Great music there! Matchbox Twenty....been a big fan of their's for quite while now.
beautifulbay

Postby SPARTAN » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:10 pm

ANDREA BOCELLI.....CON TE PARTIRO.......SUBLIME...
SPARTAN

Si!

Postby Carmelo » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:55 am

My favorite Andrea Bocelli is from his "Sacred Arias" album, it is the 4th cut and is "Ave Maria" how I love that! On one of my Getz albums, Antoni Carlos Jobim does a beautiful rendition of "Girl From Ipanema" and "Insensatez". Dare I say that this is music to sip fine wine with while you paint.
Carmelo

Postby beautifulbay » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:34 pm

Bocelli....mmm, didn't he just pass away?? I love to hear him sing.
Beautiful choices here guys! Keep em up!

Semi- New beautiful male voice - Josh Groban~~ Spectacular!
beautifulbay

Postby karinbest » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:22 pm

I particularly like show music...Like Les Miserable and Phantom of the Opera I think Evita and Cats and many more gave us some beautiful songs.. And I adore Michael Crawford. I do miss the shows..Living in central Florida we don't get to many ... But we sure do get a lot of sun...
Karin
karinbest

Postby beautifulbay » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:47 am

Sun is nice...wish I had some today

Memory is my favorite song from Cats, it is a beautiful song with such a nice romantic flow. I played violin years ago and that was one song we had to learn, I fell in love with it.
beautifulbay

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:09 am

Carmelo, I also like Enigma. Do you know Deep Forest? Pretty cool. I tend to like alternative rock, Green Day, Oasis, Collective Soul, absolutely love Enya. Classical Bach over all, Mozart, Wagner the most.
When I'm working I prefer quiet though.
Erika Takacs

Next