A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Aloha Amazing Fabulous Fellow Artists!

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby redhairedartist » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:10 am

My name is Christine Marsh. I love to paint people. I have done pretty much every type of art there is and enjoy it all. I am currently raising money for a trip to Peru that I will take this winter. I have always wanted to go to the rain forest and now I am!

This world is a challenging one for artists, and I would like to send the best of success to everyone on here.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I am here!

Thank You!
Christine Marsh
redhairedartist

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:23 am

Hi Christine,
Welcome aboard. It's great to have you here. I just checked out your gallery images. Very cool. I look forward to seeing more and chatting.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:53 am

Hey Christine, nice to meet you. You're a versatile artist, your face and body painting is amazing, however my favourtie work is Owl Man, great concept! You should make more sculptures like him. :)
Erika Takacs

Postby redhairedartist » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:16 pm

Thank You for the kind compliments Erika and Joe!

Erika, You are right, I do need to do more sculpting. I haven't done hardly any of it in the past few years because I have been making more money as a face and body painter. I am starting to really long to sculpt more again.

Here are some links to my site with some more sculpture pictures.

http://groups.msn.com/TheMagicLandofThe ... pture.msnw
http://groups.msn.com/TheMagicLandofThe ... snw?Page=2

I have done a lot of production sculpting - meaning making stuff for lamps, action figures, etc., but with people in China and Mexico charging $50 or less per sculpture, there is far too little money in this now. I didn't like production sculpting very much, but it taught me a lot about how to sculpt better.

Thank You!
:-)
Christine
redhairedartist

Face painter

Postby Carmelo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:08 am

Your work is an exquisite example of an art form I first saw at Renfairs. Yours perhaps more like conventions such as Faerycons. Quite frankly the best I've seen of the genre. Welcome to ASC Redhaired Lady. I should think the rainforest will deeply inspire you.
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)

Hello!

Postby arlynnhr » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:08 am

Hi! I really liked your body paint. I have some ink designs in my user gallery that I've wanted paint on somebody. They're inspired in the henna tatoos used by the women of the Middle East and India.
Did you go to Peru? I'm from Costa Rica in Central America...you might enjoy our beautiful rainforests also. I recommend Monteverde (cloud forest).
I hope to see more of your work! :)
arlynnhr