A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Let it Rip, guys---help appreciated!

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Let it Rip, guys---help appreciated!

Postby Kerra Lindsey » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:33 pm

Hey, Guys--let it rip on this one. Help needed! I was trying to pull of a dramatic effect of the reflection in the water and the sunlight in the girl's hair...ugh.

Advice?? Responses? What's wrong? What's needed? How?
:roll:
Attachments
jordansmall.jpg
jordansmall.jpg (23.86 KiB)
Feel Free to contact me!
http://www.icansketchu.com
Kerra Lindsey

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby stanton » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:51 pm

If you squint your eyes and look at the painting (as you should do with all works) you will notice that most of the piece is of the same value. If you darken the water in the shaded area so there is a much greater contrast with the water that is reflecting light, and do something (like use a stronger color) to the girl's clothing to make her stand out more (after all, she is the focal point) this will take you in a better direction. The composition is good, and the focal point is in a good location. Press on!
stanton

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby DLKeur » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Concur with stanton. You need to richen your color, your highights, your shadows. Might I also ask that the next time you post, you show us a version a tad bit larger, like at least 1000 pixels wide, because it is very difficult to analyze and critique a postage stamp...which is about the size it is on my resolution. :wink:
DLKeur