A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

the coolest video ever...absolutely amazing

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby mandy45503 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Here is yet another video for everyone...this is too cool! Something I would love to explore myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdDHsehW01M
Art is the unique signature you leave on the world.
mandy45503

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby mandy45503 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:22 pm

oh my, I didn't realize I rambled my way to a second page...someone shut me up....please?
mandy45503

Postby DLKeur » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:05 pm

mandy45503 wrote:oh my, I didn't realize I rambled my way to a second page...someone shut me up....please?

Never. :)
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:20 pm

The traveling guy was very cool. I can't believe he has been to all of those places. I wonder how long that took.

The sand art video was amazing. She is very talented.

I love the videos. Keep posting them and I will have to create a separate category for videos like we did for artist biographies.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:39 am

Sand art, it's magic! E
ehoeveler

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:55 am

Her sand creations are unbelievable. Check out her website for a show she does, with live music and image projected on the wall for a large audience! Visual art turned into performance art! Amazing.
Thanks Mandy for the wonderful post!
Erika Takacs

Postby mandy45503 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:02 am

:D

glad you liked it!
mandy45503

Postby mandy45503 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:15 am

this is fantastic, it inspires me to do a study...maybe chalk pastels?
the flow drags you in
watch it once, then watch it again and scroll through really quickly..it looks neat in fast forward and reverse
also, I had to turn my sound up really high to get the soothing music

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgg0GIfbszg
mandy45503

Gorilla Drummer

Postby Carmelo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:18 pm

I went to the drumming gorilla show, like the Collins lyrics but I suspect the primate be something other than what we are asked to believe.
Carmelo

Postby mandy45503 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Sorry I haven't posted anything new in awhile, you all know how life can get. This is a fabulous and inspirational story....enjoy!

Painting in the Dark: Amazing Blind Artist John Bramblitt
10/25/2007

Step into 36-year-old John Bramblitt's studio just outside of Dallas, Texas, and you'll discover an array of vivid, beautiful oil paintings: The silhouette of an upright bass player in shades of blue, red, and black. A row of burgundy wine bottles. A close-up portrait of skateboarder Tony Hawk. A luminous cityscape of Dallas at night, rich with glowing light and color.

His work, full of emotion and somewhat reminiscent of Van Gogh, is striking enough to hang in any art gallery. But it's even more remarkable once you learn that Bramblitt completed all of the paintings without ever seeing his own canvas – the talented artist is legally blind.

When nerve damage caused Bramblitt to lose his sight several years ago, he was angry and depressed. "I felt like any chance for me to do something new or to improve myself had gone away," he says. He could no longer read books, and would get disoriented just walking around his own house. The familiar streets he'd walked every day were full of danger. Losing his vision was like being dropped into the middle of the ocean without a life raft.

But through his paintings, he has found a way back to shore. "Art helped me
eak this destructive cycle, it gave me control back, and most of all it gave me a way to express how I felt," says Bramblitt.

Before going blind, he had never attempted to paint. So why start then?

After losing his abilities to read and write, "I needed to do something creative to let all of the images out of my head," he says. So each day, he began painting oil on canvas, using his own special technique in which he coated the canvas with puff paint to indicate which areas he would fill in with particular colors. More than a simple hobby, it was a way for him to cope with what he had lost – and eventually, it worked.

About six months after he started painting, "a sense of calmness came over me like I had never felt before," says Bramblitt. "I paint everyday, and so everyday I have something good to look forward to."

For Bramblitt, his paintings also serve as a way to show the sighted world what he is capable of. "People say that ‘seeing is believing,' and if you can't see, then you can't fully understand something," he says. "I wanted to produce artwork that was obviously visual, so that people would understand that perception has little to do eyesight, that it is one's mind that lets you understand the world."

His artwork helps to connect him, both to the world around him and to his fellow human beings. On his website, Bramblitt claims that art "is one of the few ways that we humans can produce something that has a meaningful effect on another's life. Art does not feed or clothe us, but it gives us a connection with our fellow man that we cannot live without."

It also creates a link back to the visual world that he has lost – and he can show others the way. Bramblitt has led many workshops for art classes and nonprofit organizations, and the response to his teachings has been overwhelmingly positive. Even some sighted artists who are "looking for ways to develop a more emotional connection with their art," have come to him for guidance, says Bramblitt. He also holds regular exhibitions at art galleries, both around Dallas and elsewhere – his paintings are always in high demand, and it's not hard to see why.

Currently, Bramblitt is finishing an undergraduate degree at the University of North Texas, and he plans to attend the school's graduate program in creative writing. A creative writing program may seem removed from his artwork, but as far as he's concerned, the two genres are intimately related: "I have learned more about painting from classes that I have taken in writing than I have ever learned from books on painting. The reverse is true as well – painting has improved my writing tremendously," he says. "In any art, the idea is to make a connection with an audience, to express some idea, emotion, to share a feeling."

But no matter what he does in the future, says Bramblitt, he will never abandon painting. "It is through painting that I most clearly experience life."

And I wouldn't leave you without a video....

http://www.gimundo.com/player.aspx?url= ... =79&Page=1
mandy45503

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:40 am

Mandy, thank you so much for showing us this mans' tenacity, strength
and unwillingness to give in to his blindness. Truly inspiring.
E
ehoeveler

Woohoo another video!

Postby mandy45503 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:48 am

http://www.gimundo.com/player.aspx?url= ... 138&Page=1

art is everywhere

Sorry its been so long since a post, life gets crazy and mine is no exception, lol. Its good to be back.
mandy45503

Postby Singular » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi Mandy,
Great to see you again. Thanks for sharing the new video. Pretty cool.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28

Postby glomski777 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 pm

That is just insane, how could his mind possibly hold that much detailed information. Just incredible, wow.
glomski777

Previous