A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Practice & Post - Hands

Frequent topics with different subject matter for you to practice. Post your images here for discussion. Goal is both to teach and learn.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Practice & Post - Hands

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:53 am

Oh yes, this is very nice. I can see it as a finished drawing just as it is. But, I wonder. What if the background was darker than the image? I think the image would then absolutely command viewer's attention. Just a thought. It is a beautiful rendering as is.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby jwidener » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:29 am

Good tip Carl. I have been just building upon my drawing skills lately, but I think you are definitely correct with the darker background. I will give it a try. I saw how you did your hand in the beginning of this post and thought it looked awesome the way you did the background. Thanks for the critique.
Every man dies. Not every man lives- William Ross Wallace
jwidener

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:50 pm

You are welcome. Moving on. I build up a darker background in degrees from lighter to darker. I have also discovered that having the lighter shades next to the form blending out to the darker shades add to the drama. Just a suggestion. Take a look at my work on this site to see what I mean. And have fun with it.
CarlOwen

Previous