A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Coming along slowly

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Coming along slowly

Postby Pooch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

Preperation for Irma, then Irma and being without power for two days and now the cleanup, has been slowing this down. Hopefully, I can get to it later in the day. Lots to go. There will be a rocky shore to the right and I've decided to have a couple of cubs with her in the water. The bears' color gave me some trouble but I think with the addition of some yellow high lighting along her back, i got it. As always, comments are more than welcome.
Attachments
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Coming along slowly

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Just glad to see you got through Irma, Joseph. Nice painting. Like I said before, move.
CarlOwen

Postby www-ksart-se » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:58 am

Heard allot about Irma on the news. (sweden) Painting looking good. I was planing to do a bear for my next sculpture. Looking forvard for the cubs. =)
www-ksart-se

Postby Pooch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 am

Good morning Art Forums and it's denizens. Thanks guys. Carl, I guess unless I have a sudden change in finances, we are here to stay. I love the warm weather, too. Never want to deal with cold again. And K, bears make great subjects. It's my second bear painting. I like them. I've placed one cub and I'm about to start the second. I also addressed an issue with Momma Bear. I realized that her back was too straight. My photos show a nice curve so I've fixed that and her color looks better. I like the way it's shaping up.
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Good afternoon Joseph. Understood. I shall say no more, except for your painting of course. Waiting to see this one finished.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Oh, you can say more. Why not? You're in New Mexico. Hot there, all year round. That would work , too. And what beautiful country to paint!
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 pm

I really feel for all you who suffer from the ravages from the weather. That and the rising sea level. Next year and the year after will undoubtedly be worse. You see, there is not much news about the earth's orbit around the sun. We all know it is elliptical, but what is not common knowledge is the fact we are approaching the closest to the sun part of that elliptical orbit. Happens about every ten thousand years. Like clock work. I forget, the closest will occur in 2030, 2031 or 2032. Then about five thousand years from now the earth will re-enter the ice age era at the farthest distance from the sun. We humans have helped speed up the ice melting business this time around.

About Santa Fe, it is at 7200 above sea level. It has four seasons. The average temp in the summer is in the low 80's. In the winter, when it snows the temp is rarely as low as 20 degrees. And, yes I am captured by the open grandeur of this state. I have many, many more paintings waiting to be born. Just hope I live long enough to get some to most of them painted. Have a good evening Joseph.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:12 pm

For some reason I did NOT picture Sante Fe getting down to 20 degrees.
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 am

Good morning Joseph. Not to worry, most people hold the idea that New Mexico is always hot. It will top 100 degrees for a few days in the summer and get below zero for a few days in winter. But most of the time it is simply pleasant. We do have water rationing, sort of. 7,000 gallons a month in the winter and 10,000 a month in the summer with designated lawn water days at no more that three days a week. Exceed those limits and water begins to become very expensive. How is the painting coming along?
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Ooops...I guess I was one of those people. And the painting is moving along. I think it's going to be a good one. I'm not happy with the lower right corner. Those two straight lines created by the rocks. I'll put another rock in front to break that up. They'll be smaller rocks continuing on into the water. Will be done tonight or tomorrow, I think. I see now that I might also add some green to the far water for reflections.
Attachments
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Coming along very nicely Joseph.
CarlOwen

Postby ivo55 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 am

Great work... the bears will appreciate it too.
ivo55

Blog: View Blog (1)