A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

new photo

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

new photo

Postby Theodious78 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Van Patten lake, oregon SEPT 2016
Attachments
Theodious78

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: new photo

Postby Singular » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:09 am

looks relaxing. would love to be sitting on a boat, floating around there.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: new photo

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Well I have seen this enough now to say a few things. Beautiful. But you know that. I see you worked for compositional integrity. I mean, in the lower left you have the orange browns earth tones. In the lower right corner you have the light greens that compliments the dark greens in the mountainous background. The lake reflects the mountains but not all the way. That light ripple effect in the distance separates the lake from the mountains and at the same time compliments the colors in the sparse spaces in the mountains. The large trees marching across the almost but not quite center of the scene causes a sense of order controlling the otherwise random visual presence of a natural environment. The log dead wood in the foreground anchors the picture. If presented to the public in a show, this picture should be in a very large scale. Say like about 3 by 4 feet. If you can, you should show this with about 11 more such quality photos of the same size and call it Oregon's wild magnificent dozen.
CarlOwen